Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday July 10, 2014
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Home Registration is free! Visit the NASIOC Store NASIOC Rules Search Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Calendar Archive NASIOC Upgrade Garage Logout
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor Announcements

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:12 PM   #126
ScoobieNoob
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 267079
Vehicle:
2011 WRX HB
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL4TFTW View Post
No pics installed? Did you read the thread?

The filter appears to not got down nearly as far into the fender as the AEM. Unless you're driving through massive puddles on a daily basis I wouldn't worry about it.

I went with the K&N intake per recommendation from Eric at TP. I also wanted something really loud.

This is a true CAI so I would expect to see a slight bump in HP. It may also aid in throttle response/spool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudknot2005 View Post
Nameless already posted dyno reading from this intake.

Also I posted pics pre install and installed.
Sorry about that. I didn't realize that the (public access) computers at my work block image hosts like imgur, so even though I scrolled through the previous page the pictures didn't show up--it just looks empty. When I got home I checked the thread again and saw the pics. My bad.

As far as the effectiveness of the intake -- yeah...I saw the dyno results--I just wasn't sure if I could believe it because so many have claimed intakes just aren't that effective on these cars. Those gains are awesome though. I was wondering if the gains were primarily due to some unrelated delta in the AEM Cobb map or something causing results that weren't 100% correlated with the intake modification.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ScoobieNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 02:32 AM   #127
slayth
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 315656
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX SWP Sedan
T.P. Stage 2 Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamelessPerformance View Post
Updated original post with info. Baseline tune was Axelback+Stage 1 Tune.

-Ryan @ Nameless
Sorry if this has already been asked but do you know what Octane the 2012 STI was running for the test? 91 Map or 93? Thanks!
slayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 01:17 AM   #128
Zitro
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 369247
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

Waiting for mine to come in. I already have a Nameless catback and have the intake plus downpipe on orde, and getting a protune at COBB Surgeline once the parts come in. Really curious to see what this full Nameless setup puts out. I'll post charts when I have them! Can't wait
Zitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:14 PM   #129
currymaciel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346941
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
OBP

Cant wait to see those, Ive got the same set up basically
currymaciel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #130
vizzionman
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 356551

Anyone else purchase this intake? I got it in the mail yesterday and installed it. Tube still seems to be a bit long....and anyone having issues with that little circular slotted piece? I dropped it in the MAF housing and it moved around and to top it off it ended up getting sucked through the tube!!! Kinda mad right now I went with this intake....should have waited longer for the kinks to be worked out
vizzionman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:38 PM   #131
currymaciel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346941
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2010 WRX
OBP

You dont need the splitter. I talked to nameless and its just a fix for if you are having "wonky fuel issues", so Id suggest leaving it out.
currymaciel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 PM   #132
slayth
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 315656
Vehicle:
2011 WRX SWP Sedan
T.P. Stage 2 Tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizzionman View Post
Anyone else purchase this intake? I got it in the mail yesterday and installed it. Tube still seems to be a bit long....and anyone having issues with that little circular slotted piece? I dropped it in the MAF housing and it moved around and to top it off it ended up getting sucked through the tube!!! Kinda mad right now I went with this intake....should have waited longer for the kinks to be worked out
Which side of the MAF sensor did you place the splitter? It should go on the filter side of the MAF housing setup like the splitter in this image:
http://www.corksport.com/blog/wp-con...3inMAF_600.jpg

And like currymaciel mentioned it more than likely isn't needed if your running an AEM intake map or protune.

Last edited by slayth; 05-15-2014 at 11:38 PM.
slayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:09 AM   #133
Zitro
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

To those of you who installed this already, did you just wing it or are there instructions somewhere? I know it's just an intake and I could probably figure it out by toying around with it, but I'd rather be 100% sure I do everything correctly.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 PM   #134
Zitro
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatch
WRB

So I winged it, and got it mind installed. Kinda a pain in the butt; I think Nameless is still shipping them with the silicon tube a but too long, so it takes a lot of finagling. Once it's in, the first thing I noticed is it's way quieter than I expected, which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on preference (I like it more quiet). The intake looks great; power really doesn't feel that different with the COBB ots AEM map, which is the one you need to use. We'll see what changes occur in combination with the Nameless downpipe when I get that installed with a protune next week.

free image hosting