Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-15-2021, 04:31 PM   #1
Enphenate
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 179301
Default Just purchased an 07 Impreza Wagon, what mods are installed on my car?

It's been about 12 years since I've owned a Subie (2001 2.5RS, loved that ride). I just purchased a 2007 Impreza 2.5l Wagon from a used car dealer, excited to be back!

It looks like the car I purchased was slightly modded. Can anyone assist with tracking down some information on these mods and let me know if you see anything else in the engine bay / suspension that doesn't look stock? I did some research but there are some items I'm not sure about or can't find any brand/information on.

Mods that I noticed:
  • Intake (cant find a brand or information on this one)
  • RE-WORKS front strut bar (cheapish strut bar?)
  • Oil cap
  • Grounding kit (large brown wire connected to negative terminal -> chasis and another connected to a few areas in the engine)
  • Wiring for amp (blue wire, not connected)
  • Black brace connected to chasis above intake box that says caution high temp (dont know if this is stock or what it is)
  • Are the headlights stock?
  • Yellow endlinks (cant tell if they are whitelines or cheap ones)
  • 18" OZ Racing Supperleggera Wheels

Enphenate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2021, 05:44 PM   #2
Cookie87
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523118
Default Ok, to start, I hate white cars.

But I flat love your wagon! So so so very cleeeeeeean. Just a unfair amount of rainbows and fairydust upon you dear neighbor.
So just checked the rear link stockers on mine and it's solid through. Mine's an outback sport but I bet it's close to the one used on the rs. Yep aftermarket headlights hence the Christmas tribute ya got behind the housings. Looks like the bumpers been painted too. That sticker is stock and it can get very hot.
I'm elated by and jealous of your custom painted reservoir caps.
Track arms seems stock or stock replacement.
Better have that locking lug socket in the glove box!!!
Likewise since we're down here, those rims may have a ring that sits between the circular opening in the back, and the hub which is the center of the brake if you're looking straight at it. Inspect it, respect it, it centers your rim when ya tighten it up.
Just go ahead and do ya a break job all round of new stock rotors and semi metallic pads. Get ya something North of 400 utq code tire with 1 or maybe 2 "A's" afterward. I'm loving Michelin pilots right now after two set I'm pleased. Check your diffs....don't be lazy like me. 75 90w on that.
If you smoke, the panel marked fuse at your left knee when you're in the driver seat, is perfect size for a cig pack and lighter and will retain them in the event of a wreck.
I love it!!!! You'll love it!!! Take care of it!!!

*Edit.
Now fair warning. I am in fact a dad. So this may be dad fussing but;
I'd go back to stock air box that draws from the front. It's kinda ram air'ish as opposed to drawing from the wheel well where there's a lot of debris going all woo woo in there.
And watch about the ac compressor being on at high rpm. If you baby it it'll last just forever. That said it'll auto on if you defrost or defrost/feet select. You can click it off in the center of the temp knob.

Last edited by Cookie87; 04-06-2021 at 06:08 PM.
Cookie87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:03 PM   #3
SpeedySue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523574
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
06' Impreza
11' Outback 3.6R

Nice ride!! I don’t think those rear endlinks are Whiteline, but maybe the sway bar and the sway bushings are. I have Whiteline rear bar and endlinks on mine too, makes a huge difference in handling.

Tips:
Check all CV axle boots for wear/damage/etc. my drivers side boot closest to the tranny torn and sprayed grease everywhere. Fairly easy job to do if you have to replace them. It’s easiest to just buy a whole new axle (IMHO).
Check for any leaks, common leaks come from the steering rack and CV axle seals.
Check your timing belt. Definitely replace at 105k mi.
I don’t see anything (mod wise) other than the first reply said.
If you want to do a very worthwhile upgrade to make more power (not many options on a NA) get intake manifold spacers. If memory serves, Grimm speed and Perrin makes them. Very cool ride man!!
SpeedySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 09:07 PM   #4
SpeedySue
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 523574
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
06' Impreza
11' Outback 3.6R

You have aftermarket NGK plug wires too. Forgot to mention
SpeedySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 08:26 AM   #5
Shiloh51933
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 498320
Vehicle:
2005 Saab 9-2x Aero
Red

Those headlights are the factory Hawkeye assemblies, very nice improvement from the Blob eye assemblies. The Hawk Eye came about after Saab modified the 2004 headlights for the Saab 9-2x Aero (Saabaru), The Saabaru headlights looked much nicer on the WRX, hence the Hawkeye assemblies. Your missing the air intake tube that sits above the PWS reservoir, it pulls fresh air into air intake by sitting just above your passenger side headlight.
Shiloh51933 is offline   Reply With Quote