Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-03-2003, 07:13 PM   #1
ZmanWrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37484
Vehicle:
2002 Impreza Wrx
Silver

Default advice for utec

Just got a utec have a few questions. First what base map would you reccomend I start with, following are mods. fp stock upgraded turbo which i thinks is just blueprinted and clipped.Bpm twister turbo back exhaust with a godpeed up pipe,avo bov,Blitz sbc-id boost controller with power meter id. Second do I have to mess with the boost conroller that the utec comes with since I have the blitz sbc-id.I do have an greddy egt gauge, but I have questions about normal egt while driving normal,under hard throttle and etc. Also I didnt install the egt gauge,but I want to make sure the sensor is in the best place to get the most accurate readings. Any help anyone could give me would be very nice. Also what max boost settings with this kind of setup do you think I should be at. And anyone with alot of expreince with the blitz sbc-id?
ZmanWrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2003, 10:35 PM   #2
Mildmanneredman
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 29962

If you read the manual it says that you must use the ABC. You don't need to use the sbc-id, since the utec will control boost for you. I'm not sure about what an upgraded stock turbo consists of, but the downpipe and uppipe point to a stage 2 map w/ uppipe. Try wrxhackers.com to find a map. I would also suggest switching to closed loop boost.
Mildmanneredman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2003, 01:37 AM   #3
PaulRex
Scooby Guru

Member#: 12454
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
10 Toyota Taco
K8 SV650SF

You don't have to use the ABC and boost map to control the boost, although you can if you want. If you have a good boost tune with the SBIcd)(sp?), then just make sure the fuel map, and timing map is adjusted accordingly and you will be fine.

I suggest starting with the stg.2 93octane map
PaulRex is offline   Reply With Quote