Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-11-2005, 03:52 PM   #1
WRXRATED7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 32944
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
16 WRX STi
WRB

Default ITR EXPO no longer...open track weekend at MAM!

The ITR EXPO is now open to all cars. There will be a number of ITRs in attendance, but we need more people paid and signed up for this event to even happen. If you don't know what this is I'll explain. It's an HPDE...or track day. It's a chance to take your car out and learn the limits in a safe environment. No WALLS at MAM...very fast and fun. Controlled passing in designated areas only.

Let's make this happen!

Where: Mid America Motorplex (MAM), Pacific Junction, Iowa (near Omaha, NE)
http://www.midamericamotorplex.com/default.asp
When: May 28th & 29th (Driving Event on both days, Banquet on Saturday evening).
Why: Because it is the right thing to do.
Who: Driving open to ITR owners & selected non-ITR owners, Non Driving activities open to Everyone.
Registration: Opens November 1st – You are not registered until you have paid the full amount.

Important Dates:
November 1st – Registration Opens to ITR owners & selected non-ITR owners.
December 31st – Event open to selected public if minimum number of cars are not registered.
January 24th – Minimum of 65 cars needs to be registered or event will be canceled.
May 28th – Day 1 of driving event.
May 28th – Evening Banquet.
May 29th – Day 2 of driving event.

Costs:
Drivers - $300 for Track Event and Banquet (Driving)
Guests - $35 for Banquet (Non-Driving)

Payment via Paypal at [email protected], otherwise
Payment by Check/MO should be mailed to:
Wes Moore
5806 North 127th Street
Omaha, NE 68164

Communication:
Individual specific questions regarding the event can be sent to [email protected]. General questions should be asked on this thread (ITRCA forum) and will be answered only on this original thread to help prevent questions not being answered on other threads on other boards. This makes it much easier to keep track of concerns and questions. This thread and the below listed website will have the latest Expo 5 information.

Safety/rules related questions to should be sent to [email protected] .

As with last year, all of the official event information and registration will be put on ITRCA.com @ http://www.itrca.com/events/expo5.php

Minimum number of Drivers Needed: 65 (not including instructors)
Maximum number of Drivers Allowed: 75 (not including instructors)
Number of instructors needed: 25

Camping - $25 / site / weekend event or a group rate of $350.

Event Logo – Let’s see what you guys can put together – there will be a contest.

Sponsors – TBA - Trey will be handling all of the sponsors.

Lodging– TBA

Thanks for your support.

Added 9/16/04:
In response to questions regarding, "selected non-ITR owners."
If you are a non-ITR owner and are interested in participating in the track event and have been a part of a past ITR Expo, email me at [email protected] to get cleared.

Added 10/12/04:
Expo 5 Logo Contest
See: http://www.itrca.com/events/ex...t.php for specifics.
Here's the skinny - we need a new logo for next years Type R Expo5. We've put together some details (go to webpage) for the requirements before submission. The goal is to get some great ideas, have some fun & hopefully, have an awesome logo that you can get credit for!! There will be a $50 reward to the winner. The logos are to be submitted by November 1st. The submitted logos will then be posted on a poll on H-T that will last for 5 days, and the winner will be announced.

Added 10/28/04:
NTB Sponsorship Announcement

NTB Sponsorship
From Mike Buenaventura (Honda-Tech: migs):

The offer I have made is only available to those who participate in Expo5 until further notice.

I will be offering significantly reduced prices on all Toyo tires. Prices of some popular Toyo tire sizes are as follows to anybody in the lower 48 states:

205/50R15 T1S = $97 shipped per tire
205/50R15 RA1 = $119 shipped per tire

205/45R16 T1S = $107 shipped per tire

205/40R17 T1S = $120 shipped per tire
205/40R17 RA1 = $159 shipped per tire.

In addition, I will donate one set of tires to an Expo5 driver as a gift given away at the banquet. This donation is only available for Honda applications i.e ITR, Civic, Accord, ETC. The winner of this prize will report to me and provide me their information. The winner pays shipping of the tires.

Great pricing on Volk Racing rims are also available.

All inquiries MUST go through Mike Buenaventura and this is ONLY available at the below listed NTB.

My business contact:

National Tire and Battery
1901 S Stemmons Fwy
Lewisville, Texas 75067
wk: 972-459-0407
fax: 972-459-0412

My personal contact information is 214-454-1445.

Thank you.
Mike Buenaventura

Added 11/8/04:
Registration is OPEN

After working out all of the fine details, registration is OPEN for drivers and non-drivers. Please note the cost difference if using a credit card, and that Instructors are required to pay for the banquet.

So, let's get the registrations rolling in and make this happen for the fifth year in a row!!!
Official Expo 5 website: http://www.itrca.com/events/expo5.php
Drivers = http://www.itrca.com/events/expo5reg.php
Non-Drivers (guests) = http://www.itrca.com/events/expo5ndreg.php
Instructors = still working on this one. We hope to have it functioning before the end of the week.

Wes Moore
WRXRATED7 is offline   Reply With Quote