Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #1
kwanjie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 175824
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
Sating White Pearl

Default Traction Control Light and Hil Assist Light On

Hey guys,

I just finished installing the following items on my 09 STi

• Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings
    • I got the input shaft back in but it wasn't in the same spot as I removed it, This would only affect the steering wheel correct?
  • GT Spec Lower Arm Brace
    • Had to remove and fiddle with the lower control arm bolts - might have messed with alignment.
After installing the items I went for a test drive, as I drove I realized the Traction Control Light is"Lit Orange" as if I turned off the traction control.

The Hill assist light is also "Lit Orange".

The car drove fine... I went into the parking lot and did some slow figure 8's lock to lock with the steering wheel and everything is fine. I then proceeded to restart the car, at which point the lights shut off.

Driving out of the parking lot, about 100 ft down the road these light came back on and shortly after the traction light flashed and the car applied brakes erratically for a quick half a second... it stopped so I drove home..here we are now trying to figure out what could be wrong.

Maybe the car feels the alignment is TOTALLY out of wack?

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks
kwanjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
UkNuck
Scooby Guru

Member#: 21808
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
02 GroceryGettAr
Nonemore Black

I would suspect it is something to do with the steering angle sensor - either the column is 'off' enough to confuse it or the something in the install (perhaps allowing the steering wheel to rotate freely?)
UkNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
kwanjie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 175824
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2009 WRX STI
Sating White Pearl

yeah when I did the install I let the steering wheel rotate freely.

After I installed the part my steering wheel was totally off.... my steering wheel was turned 1/3 of the way to the right and the car is steering straight
kwanjie is offline   Reply With Quote