Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Service & Maintenance

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2005, 02:25 AM   #1
dabum8u
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 94648
Vehicle:
1999 Outback Sport
Silver

Default No more coolant

Hello
I just hit 105000 and had my timing belt changed and water pump changed that I ordered from subarugenuineparts. I brought it to my cousin who is a mechanic and he also helped me replace my themostat and accessory belts.

When I got to his shop to pick up the car, he was still working on a problem that arose, the radiator fan wouldnt shut off. After about an hr...he switched a relays and it starting working properly. I drive home, about 1-1.5 hrs away and smelled coolant so I pop the hood, all the coolant is gone from the resevoir. I wait 10 mins, open the radiator cap, no coolant. I squeeze the upper hose, squishy, feels like only air inside. The whole time driving home, I was checking the thermometer and it never jumped and stayed constant, slightly under the halfway mark.

Coolant is all under the car on the driver's side that extends all the way to the muffler(was driving on the freeway) but nothing on the passenger side, there is a leak somewhere, but I dont know where to look. I'm not exactly sure what I can do, I dont really want to go back and have him fix it...

If I'm out of coolant, shouldn't the temperature gauge have went up?? Where is the temp taken anyway, the thermostat? Is there any permanent damage that I could have done to my car?

Last edited by dabum8u; 10-30-2005 at 12:19 PM.
dabum8u is offline   Reply With Quote