Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-26-2016, 10:14 AM   #1
525iEnjoy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 335288
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WR Blue

Angry Renick & Puente Hills SOCAL

Where to start lol

Ok I wanted to test drive a WRX new or old didn't really matter. I did all my research and was leaning toward new platform due to efficiency. So my woman and I make our way or to Renick since its close to us and we get there and it looks closed, we head in anyway cause we see on our phones it doesn't close until 8pm Friday. We walk up to the dealer and see a sales associate coming out looking like he is going home. We asked hey you are stiil open and he replied no we're closed but we can still look at the cars if we wanted to. ??? My GF and I turned and looked at each other and were like WTF its only 730. We then proceeded to Puente Hills Subaru ....who are open until 9pm

We arrive ant PH Sub and right of the bat the experience is better we were greeted by two sale persons eager to please. I told sales guy about a lease deal i was interested in but i would like to try a car first. So we set off on a 17 wrx did a test drive and then came back to do a deal. Let the games begin ...

Sales manager 1st wanted me to buy a car that i didnt want cause they didnt have a promotional lease car on the lot. He then changed his tune and said ok we have 3 cars coming in from Japan. I asked why not do a dealer transfer I am sure there are a few cars in the area (Renick for starters lol) he was adamant about how they are the biggest dealer and no one buys cars from them and they dont do transfers(which is pretty much the theme of my dealings) Sales Manager insures me 3 cars are coming in and i can choose one of those cause its 90% it will be coming in a week. Sales guy then says well if it doesnt come in by end of the month they cant honor the lease promotion, So I said no no i want it in writing that I get my deposit back if car doesnt show up. So they did. I agree to that and get approved signed the commitment and put a full deposit down.

A week goes by and I dont hear a thing. I called my sales rep who was fabulous and ask for an update...he says not until mon or tuesday now. That didn't sit well with me. Sat morning I called Subaru of NA and they looked up the vin of the car and said its not scheduled until Oct 4th for arrival. i immediately called sales guy and he gave his phone to the sales manager and again said mon or tues. I am like really cause NA says Oct....so what gives. I also went off and said all you had to do was to do a dealer transfer of a car and we could have done the deal the last week. He gave his we dont speech.

In regard to Subaru of NA...USELESS, they cant impose enforce and make dealers do anything.

Its Monday they have 1 day left then I either go to another dealer and play the raindeer games or I just dont buy a Subaru and get my refund

Last edited by 525iEnjoy; 09-26-2016 at 01:59 PM.
525iEnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
subiefan555
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 416251
Vehicle:
2005 STI
WRB

As a former Subaru salesman (as well as other brands) I can tell you that arrival dates are just estimates. That's it. Whatever's in the system is a rough time of arrival due to many potential issues and arrival dates change all the time. I've had custom-ordered cars show up 3 weeks before they were scheduled and unfortunately have had cars show up much later than expected as well.

I'm also sure the manager made you a very fair offer on the car on the lot.

Do the salesmen a favor and go with another brand. You obviously have no idea what you're doing and you're the type of person who makes everything a headache. And legally you have to get your deposit back if you don't take delivery, don't need anything in writing
subiefan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2016, 10:51 AM   #3
525iEnjoy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335288
Vehicle:
2017 WRX
WR Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefan555 View Post
As a former Subaru salesman (as well as other brands) I can tell you that arrival dates are just estimates. That's it. Whatever's in the system is a rough time of arrival due to many potential issues and arrival dates change all the time. I've had custom-ordered cars show up 3 weeks before they were scheduled and unfortunately have had cars show up much later than expected as well.

I'm also sure the manager made you a very fair offer on the car on the lot.

Do the salesmen a favor and go with another brand. You obviously have no idea what you're doing and you're the type of person who makes everything a headache. And legally you have to get your deposit back if you don't take delivery, don't need anything in writing
I did and I bought a Subbie!! Thanks for your kind words. World Rally Blue is just awesome
525iEnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote