Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-08-2001, 06:35 AM   #1
Captain Ding
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5773
Vehicle:
2003 Forester XS
Pacifica Blue

Question CE light - crazy fuel gauge

I have a 99 RS with 30,000 miles and no fuel management mods other than an SAFC. Last night when I started my car, the fuel gauge plummeted to empty, the fuel light came on and the oh-so-subtle CE light came on with it. I had about 10 gal in the tank at that time. I shut the car off, tightened the fuel filler cap and restarted. The fuel gauge and light now returned to normal, but the CE light was still alive and kicking. The car ran perfectly. My MAF and O2 sensors seem to be fine (running stoic). The CE light was on every time I started my car last night, and now today it was off. Anything like this happen to any of you?
Captain Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2001, 06:39 AM   #2
Naturally Aspirated
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4734
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza OBS
Red

Wow, thats odd I have that same problem, mine always fluctuates when I am driving. I did the OBD II scan and it said "Fuel level sensor high input".

-Mike
Naturally Aspirated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 07:23 AM   #3
Captain Ding
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 5773
Vehicle:
2003 Forester XS
Pacifica Blue

Question

Naturally Aspirated,

Does your CE light come on? My fuel gauge doesn't fluctuate while I'm driving - just when I start my car. It goes all the way to empty and takes a restart to return to normal. Sounds like they could be similar problems though. Maybe instead of a high input, my sensor just wasn't firing at all?
Maybe it decided that 87 isn't good enough for it anymore.
Captain Ding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2001, 08:15 AM   #4
Naturally Aspirated
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4734
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza OBS
Red

I have a 97 OBS, my CE light comes on when I am around a half tank of gas then the guage goes from half to below E and goes back up then to say 1/4 usually does go back to normal till I fill er up. I use 89 octane, so its not the lowest nor the highest but 93 is way to expensive!

-Mike
Naturally Aspirated is offline   Reply With Quote