Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'For Sale' Classifieds > Engine/Power/Exhaust

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 
Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:58 AM   #1
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (159)

Member#: 93646
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Default Hot Naked Grills!!

Hey, as long as you're in here check out below:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Accessport v.2 for the 2.5 liter turbo:

We needed to order one for a customer, so we ordered two. They just arrived. That means I have one APv2 for the 2.5 turbo sitting here.

Price is $695 shipped in the US.

To purchase your 2.5 liter APv2 from Turn In Concepts click here.

Old 10-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #3
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

And as long as you're thinking about power, how about a little something like this...

We've known the guys at P&L Motorsports for quite some time, and we have always been very happy with the work we've seen by them. When we heard that they are starting to make their own in house parts we knew they'd be very good.

In fact, we decided we'd better get in on them early before everyone else does.

So, after some phone calls, lots of discussion, some more phone calls, oh, and a trip we're taking up there to talk about the future of some of this stuff at the end of the month we got one of their new setups in stock.

So, here's the first of many P&L Motorsports parts we'll be stocking here at TiC -
The P&L 44mm EWG setup.

Here's what P&L has to say about it:
Quote:
P&L's EWG setup starts off life as a high quality TurboXS up-pipe that has been setup and modified to run a high quality Tial 44MM v-band wastegate. The TurboXS down-pipe (arguably the most difficult to fit an EWG on) was used to finalize the production jig so there would be no fitment issues at all.

We listened to our customers who wanted a high quality unit compatible with the TurboXS downpipe (one of the more widely used units here in the midwest). We selected the TurboXS up-pipe as well due to its extreme high quality, quality control, and availability. Why re-invent the wheel if it's not necessary?
This kit includes the following:
  • Tial 44MM wastegate
  • Modified TurboXS up-pipe
  • 1 BAR spring
  • V-band clamps
  • Dump tube

Price is $749 shipped in the US and you can get it from Turn In Concepts by clicking right here! <-

Now, here's my thoughts on the kit since I've got one sitting right here next to me as I type this, and photos will follow.

First off, the TiAL external wastegate. It's beautiful, and the 44mm is HUGE! You'll have no trouble dumping exhaust gasses with the size of it. Oh, and the whole flange setup with clamps - man, that's really the way to go, and doing it this way is no joke.

Second is the dump tube. Consistant diamter all the way through, beautiful bend, beautiful flange, and welds that give me a stiffy.

Third is the up-pipe. Now we're already familiar with the TurboXS pipe, and I gotta say it's a really nice part. Beautiful welds, a flex section (which we STRONGLY believe is necessary in any UP), and very thick flanges (oh, and new studs too). A top notch part in our opinion. Seems P&L agrees since they use it as the base for their setup. Now, on to the EWG portion of it.

For the EWG P&L did some homework, and put the exit port at a slight angle to keep flow disturbance to a minimum when transitioning from the normal flowpath to the EWG. We've noticed that some other shops out there don't seem to think that's important, and just slap a tube on at 90* and call it a day. We disagree. While we understand it's way easier to just fishmouth a tube for a 90* and weld it on it's wrong. Loads easier, but still wrong. P&L took their time to get the angle on this part, and in doing so it took quite a bit more work to get the fishmouthing of the pipe just right. Sure it's more work, but it's higher quality work, and shows they care about what they're doing.

Speaking of care, the inside of the pipe has been reworked so you don't have any hard lips or welds sticking into the flowpath. Just nice and smooth on the inside. Lots of work to get it that way, but not surprising since it's from P&L. I tried to get some good pics of it which are down below.

Anyway, without any further delay, here's some pics of the setup:

Pic that P&L has up on their site of the setup:

Some pics that I took (hopefully folks see that I'm actually working on improving my photos):

TiAL 44mm EWG in the box. Oh so pretty.

TiAL 44mm EWG out of the box, top view.

A different view.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

almost quittin' time if you're in CA bump.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:25 AM   #5
Thomas Ruble
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 12694
Vehicle:
02 WRX/JDM EJ207RA
Unabomber Eeee-thug

Payment sent for P&L Uppipe/wastegate..........
Old 10-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ruble View Post
Payment sent for P&L Uppipe/wastegate..........
You should see it Friday as you requested.

Hey folks - EWG kits are out of stock, but I have more on the way. If you're in a huge hurry I can always have it drop shipped.

I do still have that AP though...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #7
Turn in Concepts
Former Vendor

Vehicle:
Many Track Records
Let us help you go fast!

EWG kits should ship to me soon. Still have that AP.
Closed Thread