Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
North West Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > North West Impreza Club Forum -- NWIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-09-2002, 12:35 AM   #1
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2410
Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

Smile High Performance Driving schools in Spokane

Hi everyone,

Spring has finally arrived here on the eastside of the state. As some of you know, my wife and I are also members of the Inland Empire BMW club. Each year the club has many driving activities open to all who wish to participate. Yesterday we held a safety school in Spokane. We have scheduled three high performance driving schools at Spokane Raceway Park this year. Several I-Club members have participated over the past two years. The link at the end of the message has all the information about the schools, requirements, and a video made last year of a lap around the 2.5 mile road course at Spokane Raceway Park. I hope to see some of you at one of the schools this year. I strongly encourage all of you to experience the fun of driving on a closed road course either in Spokane, Portland, or Seattle. Feel free to email me if you have further questions about any of the Spokane events or contact any of the club officers.

bye for now .......... bogusbob (Ken)

www.iebmw.org
bogusbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2002, 11:42 AM   #2
speedracer47
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2765

I'll see you there in June.

BTW, when is the third one? I could only find the June and the October schools on the website.

Dan
speedracer47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 12:42 PM   #3
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

Hi Dan,

The schools will be June 15 & 16, August 17 & 18 (tentative) and October 19 & 20, 2002. Hope you can make it to all three. I had some fun at the safety school in the black WRX that was at the driving school last October. That is one fast car. He is planning on being at the school in June too. We got a 1991 BMW 318is for my wife two months ago. It only had 65,000 miles on it. We have upgraded the suspension, brakes, airflow system, chip with Dinan upgrades. She loves it, so now I have the RS all to myself on track days. I just got another set of Yoko A520s for it. Wore out the last set in one year. Will be doing some other upgrades later this year too.

See you in June...............Ken (bogusbob)
Old 04-09-2002, 05:01 PM   #4
jeffg
Scooby Guru

Member#: 2958
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2001 2.3RS?

I would love to come up and attend the August school.. When will that date be finalized?

From reading the web page it looks like the school will cost about $310. is that right? $275 for the class and $35 for IEBMW membership?

thanks.

jeff
jeffg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 07:54 PM   #5
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

Hi Jeff,

That is correct on the total cost. The BMW membership is only paid once each year. I will try to get a firm answer on the August dates this week. The dates may already be locked in, but I will double check and post more information as it is available. Looking forward to meeting you in August.

Ken (bogusbob)
Old 04-10-2002, 07:48 PM   #6
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

Hi everyone,

I have confirmed that the June, August, and October school dates are all firm dates. Send in your applications early. The club also has an agreement with a local downtown motel for rooms at a reduced rate. The cost of the school includes lunch both days and a dinner on Saturday night. I would love to see a half a dozen or more Subies at any of the schools. I get razed a lot about wearing my Subara hat when my wife and I are doing the registrations on friday evenings prior to the school weekend. I keep telling them that one day we may have just as many Subies at the school as BMWs (hey, I can dream!!). I look forward to meeting new Subie owners. I know anyone who attends will have a super time, learn a lot about their car and themselves.

Ken (bogusbob)
Old 04-12-2002, 11:58 AM   #7
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

Hi again,

I wanted to let everyone know (especially those in the eastern Washington area) that there will be another all day Safety school in July. Also, there are monthly autocross events held thru October. I don't have the link available for the autocross right now, but will post it later this weekend.

bye for now...........Ken (bogusbob)
Old 04-13-2002, 12:07 AM   #8
bogusbob
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
MY01 Impreza 2.5RS
Sedona Pearl Red

As promised, here is the link to the autocross events in the Spokane area this year. Enjoy.........

http://www.asnw.org/