Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-05-2002, 07:07 PM   #1
Sharp Stick
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 13223
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
5005 STi with jets.
Dark pearly silverish.

Default Drag racing in San Diego, legally: Saturday April 6

Yeah, that's right. Drag racing at Qualcomm. It's 1/8-mile insanity, so the launch is crucial and we all know how well Subarus get out of the hole. Here's a chance to OWN the import field, as a fellow i-Clubber did last weekend, taking the trophy for Import Heads Up by beating EVERY OTHER IMPORT, including a fast 3000GT VR-4.

Not only are several track announcers WRX-people (and Sube-friendly), AWDers can run against fellow street metal all day long and kick much ass. Want to know if you can beat a modular Cobra? A bottle-fed third-gen Integra? A '71 LT1 Camaro? A 496ci CHEVY-powered FORD pre-runner? Actually, this guy was so fast he was outrunning the motorcycles, so don't bother unless you have a really durable ego. Here you go. Point is, it's LEGAL. Visit www.racelegal.com for more info.

April 6, tech opens at 1:PM, track at 2:PM, and the races run until 11:PM.

Be there and generate a stack of timeslips to die for - it's not unheard of to leave at the end of the day with 15+ passes, something impossible at larger tracks. The Qualcomm dragstrip runs four cars at a time (two parrellel tracks), and has been known to crank 400 cars through the lights in an hour. There's also a big car show this weekend at the same time, in the same place.

What are you missing?

STICK
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1010009/2.jpg (47.5 KB, 77 views)
Sharp Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2002, 07:20 PM   #2
Sharp Stick
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
5005 STi with jets.
Dark pearly silverish.

Default Better question: are you fast enough?

Who's going to come show they have the brass to drag race heads-up?

STICK
Old 04-05-2002, 07:39 PM   #3
2QUICK4U
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4807
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Silver

STICK,

I don't think I'm going to make it this weekend, I want to give you a chance to win , plus I already have my trophy. Where were you last weekend, I was hoping I'd see you there. There was only one other scooby, and the announcer kept getting him and I mixed up. (he did have matching silver side skirts like mine, but his times weren't anywhere close).

I'm gonna try and make it down at night to watch. It is really a lot of fun for those who have never been.

Good luck if you run. I'll definitely be at the Q for the autox on Sunday.

Frank
2QUICK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
2QUICK4U
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 4807
Vehicle:
02 WRX
Silver

Oh yeah, here's the pic from last weekend. ET 8.800 @ 77.72 mph
Attached Images
File Type: jpg importheadsup2.jpg (28.1 KB, 69 views)
2QUICK4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2002, 07:55 PM   #5
Sharp Stick
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
5005 STi with jets.
Dark pearly silverish.

Default Frankie's faster.

8.8 is quick. I'd be breathing pretty hard to run you down. I was in Phoenix road racing at Firebird Intl. Raceway last weekend, or I'd have been at the Q screaming your name like a sex-starved Subie groupie. Until I beat you at the bottom of eliminations.

Make the trip this Saturday and I guarantee the announcer (a local WRX guy) won't make the same mistake

Otherwise, Sunday.

STICK
Old 04-06-2002, 01:29 AM   #6
dasubaruguy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6523

hey I would post a pick of when I raced my truck but all you would see is smoke....
no seriously I would be down there, but im still workin on the shop
dasubaruguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2002, 03:43 AM   #7
marvd00d
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 10917

yeah the Q is pretty fun. i was there last week also. my times were not so good... haha i need to learn to launch haha. my best was like a 9.6 or 9.7. its cool that frank won. i lost to that 3000gt in the first round and went home. wish i coulda saw him win. lol yea i think alot of people got me and him mixed up cause alot of people came up to me askin me about my car. all i have is a catback. and my times were a whole second off his haha.
marvd00d is offline   Reply With Quote