Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Water/Methanol Injection, Nitrous & Intercooler Cooling

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 AM   #1
Zak Shaker
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 146250
Vehicle:
1999 STI type R
white

Default let's compare PERRIN pw-1, Aquamist 2D & HFS-5, Coolingmist s-HSV

I'm turning around 3 kits for now.
Perrin pw-1, aquamist 2D and Coolinmist S-HSV smart injection

I realy like the PERRIN kit for the fact it is a real complete plug and play kit. it works from IDC what would do a proper % mixture on the full rev range. The only thing that worry me is the fact it use pump speed to vary its flow. It doesn't seem to be the best idea for delay purpose. how laggy is this ? where I live we have very poor octane quality. hence why I'm considering Water/meth injection. now about the Perrin again, the pump delay is what is my concern. will it be fast enough to follow rev rise in first gears ?? also when you are around 4500 rpm, if you unpress the throttle and go WOT again. how long the WI system will take to react ? I'm very affraid of DET in that specific case !

The coolingmist S-HSV and aquamist 2D systems seem to have a better time reaction as the flow is controlled by small valves. I would like to know how they compare with the perrin system on this specific point.
In case of coolingmist trunk kit, I have notice the s-hsv valves are directly mounted on the pump. wouldn't it be better to have them closer to nozzle ? for better time response ?

the coolingmist smart injection might be a nice feature for those who are willing to play around with values and all. on my side I like the idea of following IDC. it will be easier for me to compare with other users system for future reference aswell. we have no tuners in my country, so I'll be the one ****ing around with it. hence why I like the Perrin full kit.
Finaly the aquamist 2D is definitly a lovely unit, but doesn't come as complete as the Perrin does (even if it is a more advanced system)

my WI kit would be installed on the side of the apexi power FC (already installed and mapped with conservative ign map for now)

Does Water/meth injection will affect wideband reading (innovate LC1). if yes how do you tune your fueling then ?

Last edited by Zak Shaker; 03-27-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: cause I can
Zak Shaker is offline   Reply With Quote