Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > General Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2000, 05:42 AM   #1
Pinoy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 400
Vehicle:
1990 300ZXTT
Black

Post Confrontation with another Celica GTS/Integra

Hello everyone. Just thought that I would post a little story, that happened to me on my way to work tonight. Now, before I get burned, No cars, no people, no animals were in the vicinity, clear skies, dry night, in a business district. If anyone is familiar with the Jamboree exit in Irvine CA, from Main St to Barranca St is where this little shindig took place. I exit off the 405 and turn left and go to the first light (Main St) and low and behold what rolls up next to me, some kids in an Integra LS (not even a GSR,Type R) rolls along my right side packed with 4 people, dropped to the ground with a kit and some 18" Racing Heart C5's. The car looked pretty tight, and on my left side rolls up a Celica GTS with 3 kids in it also dropped, couldn't tell what kind of wheels it had on, but it also was lookin really tuff. Looked like they were goin to a party. These guys were together, as they both looked at me and each other revving their engines and making gestures as if they wanted to race. WELL,WELL,WELL... I couldn't let these poor guys down now could I? As the opposing light turned yellow, we all started the rev process, I went to 4000 RPM, These guys were also getting ready for lift off, purfect sound of exhaust tunes, together in a deep melody is all I could hear, that light turned red, and ours goes green, I drop the clutch an all I could hear was both cars peeling out, and I mean bad!!! Needless to say, I totally annialated <---Spelling? these guys out of the hole. By the time they were rolling I was already about 8 car lenghts ahead of them. The Celica is pretty fast once it gets going. I slow down to stop at Mcgaw (red light) and now these kids roll down their windows and ask me if my car was turbocharged/Squeezing. Yeah right, I wish, was all I could say. The driver of the Teg was a little embarrased, as I just welded his doors shut with all his friends in the car, and made an excuse to say that I'm lucky that he had a bad start, and challenges me again. We wait for the light to turn green, and he takes off a little better this time, as I only got about a 5 car length on him, HAHAHA we race all the way to Barranca. And the Pinoy Jedi strikes again We pull off to the McDonalds parking lot and they Check out my ride and give me props on how it looks/performs. One kid stated that he is gonna get the turbo next year, I guess more people in the import scene are starting to get down with the Subies!!! Coool! Well they were some pretty cool cats and they invited me to the party they were going too, but like I said I was on my way to work. I politely declined and was on my merry way. I did tell them though, that if we were on the freeway that they would eventually catch up and pass me at about 120 MPH. I told them about the web site and they said they would check it out. So Reynaldo if you see this, just thought I'd share this with everyone, and say whats up to you and your friends. They're pretty cool on this board. Oh Yeah, not all Honda owners are riceboys.

Check out my ride---> Members/CA/San Pedro (wassup Donald/TMR, Pedro in the House!!!

Kenneth (Former GSR owner)