Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
WilR
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 343078
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
SWP

Thumbs down Fairway Subaru Greenville, SC (Absolutely do NOT recommend)

Plain and simple most of the salesmen are great and a pleasure to work with. A few are duds but for the most part knowledgable and personable.

All that goes out the window when you walk to the sales managers office to discuss pricing with John McHann. He is a complete jerk. He treats people with absolutely no respect and has the attitude that I should feel privileged he is willing to talk to me about selling me a car. If you are under 30 he will treat you like you are 15 and wasting his time. When I walked in his office he did not welcome me to his dealership, he said "what do you want?"

I could go on a rant and further explain his shanagans but to be simple his only concern is turnover and flipping cars. He is not aware of the current market nor is he interested in developing returning customers. Pretty much if you do not agree to the sticker price he does not want to talk to you. He will not work with you to make sure your car buying experience is a pleasure. Guaranteed you are being ripped off whether you know it or not.

Bad thing is not only will I ever return to fairway, he lost a 2nd immediate sale as well from my girlfriend. I am part of a local subaru club and I am not the only person with a bad experience. Everyone I know has bought elsewhere and avoids Fairway's service department as well.

News flash to Fairway Subaru if you ever care enough to research how your customers view your persona, It is not good. Actually it is very negative. Subaru is not the best selling car in America. Subaru relies on a select niche of enthusiasts as repeat buyers. In a small town with only one option it is not a good idea to piss off this niche because they talk to each other and will go other places to replace your services.
WilR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #2
Zach.kennedy
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 451798
Default For your information and consideration

Hey there! My name is zach. I am a somewhat new sales rep here at fairway subaru and happened to run across your post. I have never personally met that mgr (he has been gone for quite some time now) but I have heard similar reports about him. I would like to inform you that our current manager is named Harry New and is an absolute pleasure and very respectful of ALL clients. I encourage you to give fairway another shot. It would be my personal pleasure to take care of you in the future!

-Zach Kennedy
Zach.kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote