Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-25-2016, 12:56 AM   #1
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 413202
Default Can Someone Check My Log Please

I'm not sure what a lot of these numbers mean but I took a long drive up Mt Rainer this past weekend and my 2003 WRX started running weird since then, and burned up quite a bit of oil. The bottom end has been rebuilt, weisco forged pistons and manley forged rods and remaned heads. Previous owner put a cheap SS AutoChrome turbo on it that I have yet to replace, intercooler has some oil blowby in it. Saw some info online and people said to post datalogs on here to see if there are problems. This log is from my drive home today after work in light traffic, thanks in advance to any help I can get.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
taylor822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2016, 02:25 AM   #2
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Member#: 60324
Vehicle:
1998 RS

most of your log you're not even in boost. overall it doesn't look horrible, some fine knock learning, but it always goes back positive. your DAM is only at 7, so your ECU is seeing something it doesn't necessarily like. this number should typically be maxed at 16 on a healthy tune/engine. i'd be curious to see what happens when you get on it. usually people do 4th gear WOT pulls, from about 3-4K to redline. this will give you an idea of how your tune is really acting. what is your list of mods?
hondaeater69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 02:27 AM   #3
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1998 RS

also don't go out and do WOT pulls if your engine is not running correctly. you're saying it's running weird, but i don't know what that means. if something feels wrong, then something might be wrong and you would want to get that addressed before getting on it again... watch cobbs video on how to interpret some of these parameters... http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2256927
Old 08-25-2016, 03:39 AM   #4
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

I have a td05-16g turbo, sti pink jdm injectors, 255lph fuel pump, k&n typhoon intake, forged weisco pistons(8.2:1 compression I beleive), forged Manley h-beam rods, STI Intercooler, grimspeed boost controller, off-brand catless uppipe, Invidia catted downpipe, 3" invidia n1 race catback and tuned by Pacific Import Auto in Parkland, Washington. I have been running my 17psi tune but when I get on it I have seen boost at 19 and above psi. So it is over-boosting and burning oil. I think those are all of my mods, thanks for the help, I can do a WOT pull in 3rd or 4th tomorrow and see what happens. Maybe can get a clearer idea of what is going on.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:47 AM   #5
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

Here is a datalog from today doing a 4th gear pull, thanks to anyone who can help out.

Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 PM   #6
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

Okay so I reflashed my ecu, for some reason my "economy" tune was flashed on and I was running my "17psi" tune on realtime. I reflashed it with the "17psi" tune and the DAM Went up to 16 constantly and the feedback and fine knock learn sat at 0. That is until I was sitting in moderate freeway traffic for about 45 minutes and the feedback knock hit -2.11 for a split second and jumped back to 0 then the DAM dropped to 12 and stayed there until I got to work. Any help is much appreciated.
Old 08-27-2016, 12:42 AM   #7
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1998 RS

you never reved past like 4K... this log doesn't show anything crazy bad, just that your DAM is only at 7...which could be due to economy mode, but i'm not sure what the parameters for that mapping are...under light throttle and coming off throttle your fine knock learning goes back positive, so that's good.

keep an eye on your DAM and feedback knock, if it doesn't stay put at 16, might want to check into a local shop/tuner...if it moves a bit up and down, that's just the ECU adjusting for factors, but if stays low i'd get it checked out. doesn't necessarily mean you're knocking, it could be false knock/something mechanical.
Old 08-27-2016, 01:23 AM   #8
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the help, I just went out today and did a 3rd gear pull up to almost redline(the link above). I noticed I never really went above 15.5psi other than a random spike to 19psi. Even though this tune is for 17psi..
Old 08-27-2016, 01:49 AM   #9
hondaeater69
Scooby Guru

Vehicle:
1998 RS

yea your boost looks like ****. could be a mechanical issue, that's what looks like, wild swings like that is probably not the tune. it goes from 14-15 to 9, to 19... check for leaking BOV, cracked turbo hoses, cracked WG hoses etc. dam and knock feedback look fine, feedback knock was going down during the WOT pull, so that's good.
Old 08-28-2016, 04:34 PM   #10
taylor822
Scooby Newbie

Smoke tested my car at work yesterday and found the bpv hose is split and leaking quite a bit... Thanks for all the help