Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Commercial ECU Reflashes

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #1
JMS77
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 136833
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Default Some '07 USDM STi things to know....

AIR PUMP REMOVAL:
If anyone is considering removing the air pump(emissions device) there are some things to consider. 1.-It is much easier to remove, as it only attaches to the block in one place 2.- You will need to remove the manifold to get at the black plastic container(if you want to remove the entire unit) 3.-MOST IMPORTANTLY The ECU uses this device to tell the car what the atmospheric pressure is. When removed, the car thinks atmospheric pressure is 21.7 psi...as opposed to 14.7. There is no way to compensate for this with the tables, you must have a new ROM with a correction in the code.

TGV DELETESTop Feed)
You need to use the TGV housings that came with the car, otherwise you will have to Dremmel the Manifold's center two holes to match up with the older housing. This is similar to the Gruppe-s JDM Manifold problems.

APS FUEL RAILS-(top feed)
These LEAK LIKE CRAZY!!! You need to pressure test the lines before buttoning up everything. The driver side, distal fitting must be the longer fitting attached to the rail, and the line attached to that fitting MUST lay parallel to the block, running under the Inlet/Manifold. PM me with any questions or advice on the install.

Intake-
IMO you should stick with the stock air box, the 07 does not like a new intake without tuning. This is probably common knowledge for some, but I just wanted to include it. If you are adding new injectors and an intake. Let your tuner scale the injectors first and then scale the MAF for the Intake. If you need help with PE 800's or any other injector, PM me and I can get you started.

FUEL PUMP-
You can remove/install the pump withot removing the back seat, but it is MUCH easier just to take off/out the rear seat/seat back.

ECUFlash-
This software claims to be MAC compatible, but that is not true. The current version,,1.32(I think) will only allow you to retreive the image, not reflash. Also the Enginuity Logger takes some tweaking to make it work. I suggest you wait for a few revisions before using a MAC.

APS INLET-
This thing is a PITA to install. The 3" silicone piece does not line up well to a SZ49 Turbo. You can make it work, but it is not great. The attachment to the Manifold is a little too far forward on the Inlet, so fitment is poor. To reattach the power steering line, you should connect it before fully tightening the Manifold down, so you can lift the Inlet to attach the line and then tighten down the Mani. I can elaborate more for anyone who is stuck on the install.

Sorry for the long post, I will update this thread as I encounter more noteworthy information. Hope this helps someone.

-J

JMS77 is offline   Reply With Quote