Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-30-2012, 07:23 PM   #1
th30dd7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281451
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Camellia Red

Default Car won't start after removing some fuel... Need help.

2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5L

Here's the story...

I filled the tank on a Friday night, drove 1/4 mile to my house and parked the car. Got a new car the next day and decided to take some of the gas from my Impreza before letting it go under bankruptcy. I removed the fuel line right before it connected to the hard lines running to the fuel rails. Put the line into a gas can and used the fuel pump to fill the gas can. I removed 9 gallons and reinstalled the gas line. After priming the line a couple times I tried starting the car. It started and ran for a couple seconds and stumbled out. The next time it started it ran for a shorter amount of time and stumbled out. Now it fires and dies immediately. I checked the plugs and they were great yet cleaned them anyways. Tested every fuse and they were all good. Reset the ECU and still nothing. I removed the fuel line to make sure the pump was building pressure and it was.

Does anyone know what this could be?
th30dd7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2012, 07:34 PM   #2
Nathan Explosion
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 215525
Vehicle:
2006 WRX Wagon
WRB

Stupid question, but there is gas in the tank, right?
Nathan Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #3
th30dd7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281451
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza 2.5i
Camellia Red

Lol, I've asked myself the same question. I filled it the night before and hardly drove on it, according to the gas can I removed about 9 gallons, and the gas gauge reads 1/4 tank. I hope there is. If not I'll feel like a dumb ass. Maybe to make sure I'll put in a couple gallons.
th30dd7 is offline   Reply With Quote