Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Audio, Video & Security

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2011, 03:05 PM   #1
JustNeef
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 268863
Default Video not working on iXA-W407

Car: 2007 Impreza 2.5i
HU: Alpine iXA-407
Bypass: PAC Audio TR-7

I already had the Alpine installed from earlier in the week so when the TR-7 came in yesterday I was really excited and set to installing it right away. Since it is factory set to bypass Alpine HUs, I didn't mess with the On/Off switch (set to Off by default) or connect any wires other then what was necessary for the HU bypass. I double checked every wire to wire connection before I actually did any thing to make sure every thing was correct.

Since I wasn't using the Remo wire from the Alpine HU, I didn't think it was necessary to hook up that wire from the TR-7 (green wire). Long story short, it was necessary so I connected it and was greeted by all the menus. Assuming every thing was wired correctly, since the menus that weren't present before had now shown up, I went inside to add some videos to the iPod which played just fine on it. When I tried to play them on the HU though, the audio would start, the screen would go black like it was about to start playing, then nothing would happen. Sometimes I hear a bit of audio right as it tries to start, but that's it. If I disconnect the iTouch and go to the same video that I had tried to play, it will be like 20-30 seconds into it as if it was playing on the iPod just fine. I tried multiple different videos and no luck. Any suggestions?
JustNeef is offline   Reply With Quote