Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Archives > NASIOC Archives > SVX Forum Archive

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-13-2000, 05:35 PM   #1
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

Post Power door locks gremlin

Hi all.

When I went to park the car yesterday, I tried to lock the doors on the SVX and the stupid lock was stuck in the open position. I couldn't close it with the key and the door lock was stuck up. I had my tools with me, so I pulled the door panels off, and the soleniod was stuck, in the drivers and passenger side! The fix- disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes, and reconncted it and it was fine. Anyone have experience with this??

Glen
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2000, 08:06 PM   #2
Never2phat
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 1683
I had an experience with my door locks but mine was slightly different. I had just finished hand cleaning under the hood of my SVX and went to lock-up for the night. Upon shutting the hood and pressing the remote button on the stock alarm remote I heard the locks engage. Nothing unusual. I went about 10 feet and realised I had left my passenger side window down. I pressed the remote to unlock the doors and I heard them unlock. As I reached to open the door they relocked for no reason. Pressed the remote and once again they unlocked. I went for the door handle again and, you guessed it, they relocked. From here it got really strange. After they locked again they started to lock, unlock, lock, unlock. They would not stop reguardless of me trying my key or using the remote. I had to time it perfectly to get my door open. I tried to hold the lock button up but they kept pulling down. Those things have some real strength behind them :eek . I popped the hood in the thought that maybe I had knocked some wire loose while I was cleaning. Upon walking around to the front of the car and opening the hood the door locks stopped actuating. I put the hood back down after doing a visual look-see to possibly see what had caused their spooky temper tantrum. I went back and put my window up. I then, with fingers crossed, locked the doors with the remote. I waited a while and nothing happened. I chalked it up to my SVX being temporarly possessed by some domestic cars spirit It's never happened again since that day

B.C.
Old 11-14-2000, 08:34 AM   #3
glenstiles
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 2827
Vehicle:
2002 WRX wagon
Silver, baby, silver

Yeah, that is just weird- possessed or something. I've been really impressed by how reliable the power stuff on the SVX is- even if they take on a life of their own occasionally...

Glen