Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Dealership Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-04-2004, 06:19 PM   #26
BistroSti
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 64622
Vehicle:
04 USDM twinscroll
Hot Pink, fully riced out

Wow, if I was your boss and I saw this thread i'd fire your ass on the spot! Not saying your right or wrong but common sense would tell you, you don't come on a thread about bad service and make a bold statement like you did. Because of the situation and what you posted and what will be said now from angry customers, your dealership will loose sales from all age groups not just the young punks.

And on a side note why is it Subaru seem to have such a bad service dept? When I was in high school and bought a used Integra the leather and stiching on the arm rest was kinda coming aprt and the side molding on the door had a bad clip from being removed for paint from the previous owner. I took it ot the dealer and asked if it was covered thinking no way because it was not a warranty covered item. But they told me no prob, scheduled a time gave me a loaner and installed new parts.
BistroSti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2004, 10:06 AM   #27
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62568
Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

Thumbs up Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru, Orangeburg, NY

So I've been through a lot of trouble with Subaru dealers recently and was in need of a really good experiece. I found it in Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru. I should have gone to them first thing! Their sales manager was fair in the pricing of my 2005 Outback 2.5 XT Limited as well as fairly generous on the trade in value of my 02 WRX wagon.

Delivery went off smoothly- I was in my newly detailed (it rained, but that's nobody's fault) vehicle in less than a half hour or so. I'm not the easiest customer to deal with but this dealership treated me with honesty and respect, so I recommend them wholeheartedly.

Now to the salesman: Mr. Sarem Yousif happened to be the the one to answer my original e-mail. Talk about a Sbuy fanatic! This guy is an enthusiast and knows the cars he sells in and out! This is the first time I've been to a dealership and not felt like I knew more than the salesman.

All in all, this was a positive experience and I'm so glad I was able to do business with them.

Jim
jedi_master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 10:10 AM   #28
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi_master
*EDIT*
I'll reserve judgement on this dealer, as the salesman in particular has been phenominal.
OK- so now I'm ready to give my evaluation of this dealer as I picked my car up late yesterday afternoon. I'll leave it as this: they are an excellent dealership! You can read more Here
Old 07-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #29
Maryann Kolb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 66430
Default Maryann Kolb - President

My name is Maryann Kolb, my husband, Bill Kolb Jr., and I own and operate Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru.

It saddens me to read some of these comments as we strive and pride ourselves in running a Best in Class sales and service operation here.

We bought this store 5 years ago from a gentleman who could have cared less about this franchise and its customers. At that time, he was selling 5 cars a month! I am proud to say we delivered 151 new and used Subaru's last month! Our goal is to be the #1 Subaru dealer in the country for sales, service and customer satisfaction.

We are the only tri-state dealer specializing in high performance parts and accessories for WRX and STi. My technicians are all Subaru Factory Certified; many of whom are on Factory Rallye Teams on their time off.

My sales staff is Stellar Certified in every area. We have the largest selection of WRX and STi's anywhere. We are in the process of building our own Subaru GT - more to come on that later.

We are getting ready to renovate the showroom and move the Service Dept
1/8th of a mile into a brand-new state of the art service facility complete with VIP Customer Lounge. We are making over a $3million dollar investment in Subaru alone.

I welcome your comments - if you have had a bad experience, email me or call me so we can resolve it for you. I can't help you if you don't contact me.

I sincerely care about our customers!

Sincerely,
Maryann Kolb
Maryann Kolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 11:38 AM   #30
Maryann Kolb
Scooby Newbie

Default Maryann Kolb

Thank you for the comments! I am the President of Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru.
If there is anything I can do for you, please don't hesitate to email me.

Regards,
Maryann Kolb
Old 07-19-2004, 12:59 PM   #31
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryann Kolb
Our goal is to be the #1 Subaru dealer in the country for sales, service and customer satisfaction.

Sincerely,
Maryann Kolb
So far, you're on the right track, in my experience
Old 07-19-2004, 01:00 PM   #32
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

Thank you. You guys are awesome to deal with. This is the only time I've felt comfortable enough to actually go back to the dealer when service is required. And I have to say that you have one hell of a salesman in Sarem. He even called me this morning at work to ask how I liked the car! Any other salesman I've dealt with wouldn't recognize me on the street once the sale was made.
Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 PM   #33
Maryann Kolb
Scooby Newbie

Default Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru

Jim:
Thank you for you kind words! We try hard to ensure every customer is completely satisfied with our sales and service experiece.

Subaru is all we know! We do not sell any other brand so you might say "Subaru is really our DNA!" All of our sales consultants are Subaru certified on every product and my techs are the best in the industry; many of which work on rallye teams on the weekends so they can keep up with the latest and greatest!

Hope to see you soon,
Maryann Kolb
President
Old 07-23-2004, 12:32 PM   #34
Maryann Kolb
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for the great comments! Let me know if we can ever do anything for you!

Maryann Kolb
President of Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru
Old 07-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #35
dmastropwrx
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 40509
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sti
red

Maryann

I woudl like to say to you that i did not have as good an experience as others at your facility. I bought my 03 wrx in Feburary of 03. I will say i did get a good price, and your salesman wasn't pushy. However I must say your customer service lacks a bit. My car was to come equiped with a carbon fiber trim. when it arrived it was not installed, and your salesman told me that I woudl have to pay for installation of this part which would be added to the bill. I can't belive that your dealership found it necessary to charge installation for a simple task which i could have done myself. In the end i told them to forget about it, and they removed the charge from the bill. In the end if i had the ability to walk away form that sale I woudl have, but i needed the car b/c my previous car finally died.

In another seperate incident I have a a 5sp which once in a while has issues where it will grind forn N-1st. This is a well documented issue if you read this board or any others. Yes i know some people are not so nice to their cars, but myself I pay for my car, and take care of it, and would like it to last. When i made an appointment to have it looked at, your facility told me they had to wait for the rep. Aty the same time my drivers side seat was freying. This was pre 36k miles when i called ( i have 5 year extended) and after the 2 weeks I went over the 36K mile limit and your rep and your facility told me i would have to pay for the seat cover! Again what may be a $100 piece you try to get out of replacing. They also insinuated that i had modified the car, by asking me after what my name was and after i explained the issue "What did you do to the car?" I immediatley became offended. There are lots of people who are hard on their cars that expect us to pay for their fun. After the rep came and they took it for a ride, they denied my claim and told me it wasn't able to be replicated. Of course NOT! it only happens once a month. So they told me they would CHARGE me 400 bucks to tear it down and inspect the synchros, and if "user abuse" was noted such as worn teeth service denied and another fee to put it back together. So i told them NO WAY. I am not asking for a new transmisision just fix whats wrong, that is all i care about I bought the extended warranty for THIS! Insinuation of user abuse and refusal to pay for seat covers. I give you 26k dollars of my hard earned money, and this is how i am treated.

If you are who you say you are please contact me back with some sort of explanation of this quality service that you boast about. I still currently have a transmision issue and would like to have it resoved under waranty. Your establishment has my records on file in the service department, you can contact me accordingly. I hope to hear from you in the near future. I live locally and i woudl be mroe than happy to comoe down and speak about this in person if you wish.

Thank you for your time
David Mastropasqua
dmastropwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 12:51 PM   #36
dmastropwrx
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sti
red

Maryann

I woudl like to say to you that i did not have as good an experience as others at your facility. I bought my 03 wrx in Feburary of 03. I will say i did get a good price, and your salesman wasn't pushy. However I must say your customer service lacks a bit. My car was to come equiped with a carbon fiber trim. when it arrived it was not installed, and your salesman told me that I woudl have to pay for installation of this part which would be added to the bill. I can't belive that your dealership found it necessary to charge installation for a simple task which i could have done myself. In the end i told them to forget about it, and they removed the charge from the bill. In the end if i had the ability to walk away form that sale I woudl have, but i needed the car b/c my previous car finally died.

In another seperate incident I have a a 5sp which once in a while has issues where it will grind forn N-1st. This is a well documented issue if you read this board or any others. Yes i know some people are not so nice to their cars, but myself I pay for my car, and take care of it, and would like it to last. When i made an appointment to have it looked at, your facility told me they had to wait for the rep. Aty the same time my drivers side seat was freying. This was pre 36k miles when i called ( i have 5 year extended) and after the 2 weeks I went over the 36K mile limit and your rep and your facility told me i would have to pay for the seat cover! Again what may be a $100 piece you try to get out of replacing. They also insinuated that i had modified the car, by asking me after what my name was and after i explained the issue "What did you do to the car?" I immediatley became offended. There are lots of people who are hard on their cars that expect us to pay for their fun. After the rep came and they took it for a ride, they denied my claim and told me it wasn't able to be replicated. Of course NOT! it only happens once a month. So they told me they would CHARGE me 400 bucks to tear it down and inspect the synchros, and if "user abuse" was noted such as worn teeth service denied and another fee to put it back together. So i told them NO WAY. I am not asking for a new transmisision just fix whats wrong, that is all i care about I bought the extended warranty for THIS! Insinuation of user abuse and refusal to pay for seat covers. I give you 26k dollars of my hard earned money, and this is how i am treated.

If you are who you say you are please contact me back with some sort of explanation of this quality service that you boast about. I still currently have a transmision issue and would like to have it resoved under waranty. Your establishment has my records on file in the service department, you can contact me accordingly. I hope to hear from you in the near future. I live locally and i woudl be mroe than happy to comoe down and speak about this in person if you wish.

Thank you for your time
David Mastropasqua
Old 07-23-2004, 12:58 PM   #37
dmastropwrx
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 WRX Sti
red

sorry double post
Old 08-04-2004, 07:36 AM   #38
Oquipah
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9689
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT
Silver

Maryann Kolb- you have a PM
Oquipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:03 AM   #39
Oquipah
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9689
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy GT
Silver

Default Unsettled Business

Here is the PM I sent you ealier this week, as I have yet to receive a response, I figured that you may be unfamiliar with PM's, so here is the message I had sent:

Maryann,

I appreciate that you have decided that your dealership wants to become number one in sales, service and customer relations. I've read your posts on this forum and although it seems your intentions may be honest, I wonder how you can blame the previous owner for problems that people have been having with your dealership's customer relations, sales and service within the last 5 years? Inlcuding my ordeal.

I purchased my Legacy from your dealership in January 2001, and if you've read my posts regarding Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru, you'd notice that the only positive outcome of my experience was that I was positively not going to do business with your dealership again.

As one of your employees pointed out in a recent response to complaints about Bill Kolb Subaru, my case was apparently a memorable one for your business as well.

I'm sending you this message as a courtesy. You wanted people with unpleasant experiences to contact you and explain their case. I'd be more than willing to speak with you, but what good would that do?

I sincerely don't see what your dealership could do to win my business again, but I present you with the opportunity to try.

Please note that my two cents have been aired out on these forums and I will not "flame" your dealership in future posts.

I will, however, offer when asked that my one and only experience with your dealership was far less than "Stellar".

If you do wish to follow up with each unsatisfied customer, you can reply to this message and supply contact information and a best time to call.

Sincerely,
Aristides (Oquipah)
Oquipah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2004, 10:44 AM   #40
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

Maryann- I have a few questions and having a hard time getting a hold of Sarem- can I call you directly?

Quote:
Jim:
Thank you for you kind words! We try hard to ensure every customer is completely satisfied with our sales and service experiece.

Subaru is all we know! We do not sell any other brand so you might say "Subaru is really our DNA!" All of our sales consultants are Subaru certified on every product and my techs are the best in the industry; many of which work on rallye teams on the weekends so they can keep up with the latest and greatest!

Hope to see you soon,
Maryann Kolb
President
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 PM   #41
ptrout
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 68487
Vehicle:
05 LGT
blue

I just bought my 05 rs wagon from Bill Kolb Subaru.

Overall experiance has been very very positive and would recommand them.

I person I dealt with was the internet sales manager, Dominic santagato. I did a lot of research before walking in , and that helped a lot.

I didn't have a good car buying experience in the past, so i walked in prepared to walk out the moment I felt uneasy.

Having done the research, I walked in with a narrow range of what i wanted to pay, and what options i wanted etc....

FIrst thing he did was take me for a test drive, and after that we sat down to do the numbers. I gave him an exact price i wanted to pay, and he said hed look into it. 2 days later, he called me back with a quote right around that what i wanted to pay. No haggle, and I knew what I was paying was pretty good price.

Since the car with options I wanted wasnt availble on lots, he found one for me in route. Week later the car was on lot, with 0.4 miles on it.

The paper work was done, and all was good. I would like to comment that unlike my brother's pruchase (i was with my brother when he bought his corolla a week earlier) I too was offered the extended warrenty, lo-jack, tint etc... but once and no pressure. It was offered once during the whole deal process, when I declined they never brought it up again. My brother had to say no like 100 times to every ploy to get him to buy added options.

I am only at 175 miles, so I cant say how good or bad their service dept is , but hopefully it too will be good.

ptrout
ptrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:45 PM   #42
BlastFX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53029
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
Dark Grey

Default Confusing Service Dept

So my girlfriend who bought her 2004 Impreza a few months ago gets swiped by some jackass on the way home one night...no real damage to the car except what looked like some nasty scratches on the door to the car. My girl is brining the car in for an oil change so she told the service dept about the scratch and they said they'd give an estimate.

So she brings it in and they call her a few hours later to let her know they cant do anything about the scratch cause they dont do body work (which is what I thought in the first place). So my girl is super pissed

BUT...we go to pick the car up and lo and behold the scratch is gone ...one of the guys at the shop buffed the heck out of it

So now we're mad at the service dept for making us mad at them. but we're happy cause they did it at no extra charge
BlastFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:53 PM   #43
BlastFX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 53029
Vehicle:
2015 WRX Premium CVT
Dark Grey

Oh and unlike my girl, I did not get my WRX from Bill Kolb, but only because they couldnt get me the exact car I wanted (long boring story). But I wish I had because they were offering me the most for my trade in...like 1500 more than the thiefs in Brooklyn where I ended up getting it gave me. So not small change but cause I'm dumb and impatient I still bought the car from them.

Basically, I dont have any problem saying the next time I'm buying a car, which I'd expect to be a subaru, I'm going to Bill Kolb....but not at the end of the model year.
BlastFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 04:58 PM   #44
vf39hipsi
Scooby Specialist
Member Sales Rating: (8)

Member#: 55794

you all are nuts, this is got to be one of the best dealerships around, period, bought my STi from them and a year later no complaints.
vf39hipsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 09:37 PM   #45
kb2spn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28897
Vehicle:
2004 STOLEN WRX STI
Blue/Gold

Quote:
My name is Maryann Kolb, my husband, Bill Kolb Jr., and I own and operate Bill Kolb Jr. Subaru.

It saddens me to read some of these comments as we strive and pride ourselves in running a Best in Class sales and service operation here.

We bought this store 5 years ago from a gentleman who could have cared less about this franchise and its customers. At that time, he was selling 5 cars a month! I am proud to say we delivered 151 new and used Subaru's last month! Our goal is to be the #1 Subaru dealer in the country for sales, service and customer satisfaction.

We are the only tri-state dealer specializing in high performance parts and accessories for WRX and STi. My technicians are all Subaru Factory Certified; many of whom are on Factory Rallye Teams on their time off.

My sales staff is Stellar Certified in every area. We have the largest selection of WRX and STi's anywhere. We are in the process of building our own Subaru GT - more to come on that later.

We are getting ready to renovate the showroom and move the Service Dept
1/8th of a mile into a brand-new state of the art service facility complete with VIP Customer Lounge. We are making over a $3million dollar investment in Subaru alone.

I welcome your comments - if you have had a bad experience, email me or call me so we can resolve it for you. I can't help you if you don't contact me.

I sincerely care about our customers!

Sincerely,
Maryann Kolb
I bought my impreza rs in 2000,sale went well but soon after I started having clutch jutter(which I believe was a recall) and bumper problems.I made several complaints about these problems and was told several lies by the service manager.I demanded to speak with Mr. kolb and thats when I finally got my bumper repaired.I lived with the clutch for years.In 2003 the service manager said he would replace the clutch under the powertrain warranty but when I took the car in to get the clutch replace,once again he lied.I went to sale person (Stu) and a manager,told them of my problems with service and that I am currently in the market for a 2004 wrx sti which I would love to buy from Bill Kolb but if the service dept. did not make good on the clutch replacement I would take my business somewhere else.Well........ I am now a happy customer at Ramsey Subaru where I purchased my new 2004 wrx sti and I will also buy a 2005 outback.

Last edited by kb2spn; 12-13-2004 at 09:46 PM.
kb2spn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 10:47 PM   #46
jedi_master
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Outback 2.5 XT
Silver

OK guys- looks like I'll have to retract my earlier post about how wonderful this dealer is. That was all pre-sale. Now I can't get them to finish the paperwork for the title and they "lost" my aftermarket uppipe from the WRX I traded in. I was supposed to get it back. I've left 7 messages for the guy I bought the car from and 3 for the owner- no call backs. I'm talking to Subaru about it right now and will also be contacting the Better Business Bureau.
Old 11-17-2004, 11:32 PM   #47
UnHappywithBillKolb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 74998
Default They are the WORST Dealership I have ever seen

I bought a Used Car there and they sold a car with KNOWN damage and tried to claim I did the damage in the 2 weeks I had the car.

I have already filed a complaint with Subaru and am also calling the BBB and Small Claims Court.

In my opinion, and this is MY OPINION, STAY as far Away from this dealership as you can !!!!!!!!!!!!

The OWNER himself is very AROGANT and cares less about his customers.
Again, MY OPINION
UnHappywithBillKolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 11:34 PM   #48
UnHappywithBillKolb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 74998
Default I wish I HAD READ This before I BOUGHT from them

Would have saved me the WORST Experience in my life !!!!!!!!!!!!

STAY AWAY from this dealer !

This is MY OPINION !
UnHappywithBillKolb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #49
kb2spn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 28897
Vehicle:
2004 STOLEN WRX STI
Blue/Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUILITE3
I cant tell you how much I love reading these threads about Bill Kolb Subaru. Especially the Wrx kids. Its absolutely amazing how f'ing little these people know about warranty procedure and basic common sense. I work in service and after monitoring these threads for a year or two now, thought I'd start posting.

I laugh so hard at a lot of the things that they "think" they know because they read it in some hillbilly mag, or a friend of a friend who has a brother who knows a guy who works on Fords told them some BS, or they've been working on cars for 15 years in their daddy's shop and think they know everything. 95% of you know NOTHING--but thats ok.

Feel free to ask me anything CAR RELATED--not SALES related.
I'll do my best to dispell any rumors and/or common misconceptions.

--let the feeding frenzy begin
What an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kb2spn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #50
yellowblaze
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 76682
Vehicle:
03 Baja
Yellow (of course)

I contacted them via email regarding a vehicle for sale. When I told them their payment was WAY too high, they asked what other cars I was looking at. I told them-this is the response I got:

See it's simple. It's all about the bottom line. They are not including tax in your area. How could a Baja that's more $$ than mine be a lesser monthy payment?? It can't. It's that simple. Unless they are quoting a term longer than 60 mos. And why would you want to deal with a dealership that has a higher price than us right off the bat, instead of being honest and up front and giving you the lowest price the first time? In your mind everything is negotiable? Do you haggle when you buy a pair of jeans in a dept store thats on special, do you negotiate when you go to the supermarket? It's basically the same thing. We give a great low price, upfront, no secrets, just very aggressive. As far as your trade goes, they are showing $$ for it by actually discounting their car. Do this, see what they would do on the car before you bring your trade into it. Then you will understand what I'm talking about. If you would still like to see either Baja's (we also have a red one with only 5100 miles for 18886), please let me know via my number at the bottom. But be aware of what the other dealerships are doing. Besides that, if you sell your Bronco privately, you will get much more.

Regards,

Dominic

Needless to say, I went else where. It was worth a laugh, but that's pretty poor customer service....
yellowblaze is offline   Reply With Quote