Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Hawaii Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Hawaii Impreza Club Forum -- HIIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-21-2012, 03:43 AM   #1
wrsexy10
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 263662
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Default Oahu, Hawaii Subaru's

Hey everyone,
So, I've caught word of a car meet near the NEX. But, I heard people dont meet up until close to 11pm. I'd like to get a meet going on a little earlier. Maybe around 7:30 or 8pm. I see alot of Subies in the area, but I never get the chance to talk to anyone. Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe an island cruise around the island? or a beach day. I have been here a year, and havent really made any friends. Hopefully, this will help. I use to go to pretty big meets in Tennessee where we would cruise to other larger car meets such as Import Alliance in Nashville, Tn.
Any suggestions are appreciated. It doesnt have to be a car related event, it could be a bbq, or fishing trip, beach day, etc.
wrsexy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2012, 04:09 AM   #2
patem
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328033

i live in aiea with an 02 wrx and my buddy is on pearl harbor with his sti. we both would be down for some sort of get together.
patem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
die_lawn
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 270222
Chapter/Region: HIIC
Vehicle:
2002 VF39'd EWG
AMS tuned

you guys are better off going to i-club.com way more activity on there, plus theres WEEKLY "meats"
die_lawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #4
wrsexy10
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

I tried I-club without a response from anyone. Decided to go more broad. Yes, there are weekly meets, at like midnight. Im 28 with better things to be doing at midnight on friday/saturday night than sitting in a parking lot. Thats why I am trying to get something happening earlier in the day so I can still attend to my bbq'ing and beer drinking.

Patem, we can try to get together this weekend (friday/Saturday) evening. I wanna try to get more ppl interested before I set a time/place. So, if you have friends on NASIOC/IWSTI/CLUBWRX/etc, send them to this thread and have them chime in so I can start a count.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
PSBeachBum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 279870
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Black

The meets at the NEX arent subaru specific. Its more of the immature, street race, ricefest, ******* type people that meet there. Word of caution because the meets there are slowly working their way back into the commisary parking lot. Military police will set up raids and cite everyone they can catch while HPD sits at the exits and nabs people speeding away. When its over in the shopping center by jack n box, taco bell and what not they dont mind as much except for hitting people on safety and recon. The I-Club meets are a much more mature setting. Chilling and talking stories. Discussing racing there or on the forums is pretty much a no no like here but doesnt mean the topic hasnt arose. The I-club guys are where its at (aside from NASIOC) for Subaru Knowledge on Island. As far as wanting to do your friday BBQ's and what not, good luck arranging a meat sooner because nobody can. The meats iclub schedules are for 8pm but nobody shows till 9pm+.
PSBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
wrsexy10
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2002 WRX
WRB

Yea, I know about Police, thats my job in the military. As for the NEX meets, I know what you mean about he immature dumbasses. I understand some ppl cant come earlier, but if a few people can show up and then others come later thats fine too. Not trying to get all super in depth with it. Just trying to expand my horizons since I plan on staying here after I get out in two years.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #7
die_lawn
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 270222
Vehicle:
2002 VF39'd EWG
AMS tuned

the meats that we usually hold are on friday nights at 8pm or so. those other ones you are referring to are car cruises with mostly racing involved
die_lawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:20 PM   #8
08_sti
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 347911
Vehicle:
08 subaru wrx sti
aspen white

I am also very interested in helping out with the meets, im aware these posts are old but figured id try anyway. Ill be at tye meet tonight in my aw sti
08_sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #9
PSBeachBum
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 279870
Vehicle:
2005 WRX Wagon
Black

Next I-Club meat is by the airport. Find the starbucks off Paiea st and Koapaka st. Bring a camping chair or something to sit on. This lot also has a decent area for RC cars if you have any.
PSBeachBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:44 AM   #10
mkamizono
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 386859
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

wow this post hasn't been touched..
I just came back from Honolulu in Waikiki. Saw couple of subarus..
Any regular meets you guys have? I was driving a Kia rental car..
mkamizono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 02:36 AM   #11
2005wrxsti
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (2)

Member#: 127955
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2005 STI
Black

Everyone post on I club on the island here, sadly you will find that the island meets aren't like the mainland. I spoken to few people from the mainland after we went to these "Meats" as they call them here and we pretty much don't go. They hangout in a Starbucks parking lot and chat nothing more like a lot of used are used to. #disappointedsubieowneronoahu.
2005wrxsti is offline   Reply With Quote