Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-15-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 301099
Default 2003 wrx some knock concern fine/feedback

I have a 2003 wrx. Car is stage two, standard 93 octane map. I have only been logging recently and not on a regular basis. I was using the accessport just to check the DAM every week or so and make sure nothing was amiss. Around halloween i checked the DAM and noticed it was at 15 (had always been 16 when i checked other times) Looked around a bit and found my samco inlet to be falling off of the turbo. The inlet has been installed for some time with no issue. Went through some trouble reattaching the inlet as it always seemed to want to pop off. Ended up cleaning the inlet and the turbo with wurth contact cleaner, installing a t-bolt clamp, problem seemed solved. Logged regularly for a week or so, pulled some clean logs, DAM back at 16 no worries. So i decided to do some logging tonight on the way home and saw some fine learned and feedback knock. Sorry for the rambling post, but i just wanted to give all pertinent information before asking for help. I will try and do a boost leak test tomorrow, something i have been meaning to do for awhile now and see if that helps me pinpoint the problem. But in the mean time i was hoping someone might take a look at these logs and let me know if i am worried for nothing. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FOWJXdlE#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mQVVFWFE#gid=0
BIGJBEARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #2
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 4803

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJBEARS View Post
I have a 2003 wrx. Car is stage two, standard 93 octane map. I have only been logging recently and not on a regular basis. I was using the accessport just to check the DAM every week or so and make sure nothing was amiss. Around halloween i checked the DAM and noticed it was at 15 (had always been 16 when i checked other times) Looked around a bit and found my samco inlet to be falling off of the turbo. The inlet has been installed for some time with no issue. Went through some trouble reattaching the inlet as it always seemed to want to pop off. Ended up cleaning the inlet and the turbo with wurth contact cleaner, installing a t-bolt clamp, problem seemed solved. Logged regularly for a week or so, pulled some clean logs, DAM back at 16 no worries. So i decided to do some logging tonight on the way home and saw some fine learned and feedback knock. Sorry for the rambling post, but i just wanted to give all pertinent information before asking for help. I will try and do a boost leak test tomorrow, something i have been meaning to do for awhile now and see if that helps me pinpoint the problem. But in the mean time i was hoping someone might take a look at these logs and let me know if i am worried for nothing. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FOWJXdlE#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mQVVFWFE#gid=0
How long has it been since you last reflashed a map, reset the ECU or installed the AccessPORT?

Bill
Cobb Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

I have been having a recurring "fuel cap" evap code every two months or so, and i cleared the codes sometime last week. At least five or six days ago. That evap code is the only check engine ive ever gotten on this car aside from some random misfire that was cured by a new ignition coil over a year ago.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:59 AM   #4
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
I have been having a recurring "fuel cap" evap code every two months or so, and i cleared the codes sometime last week. At least five or six days ago. That evap code is the only check engine ive ever gotten on this car aside from some random misfire that was cured by a new ignition coil over a year ago.
Drive some more (at least through a full tank of gas) and then we can look at your long-term fuel trims to see if there are any fueling issues. When you reflash a map or reset the ECU, it clears the trims so it can take some time to populate accurately. You can view the individual long-term fuel trims by looking at A/F Learning 1 A,B,C,D. Each individual trim (by itself) should be within 0 to around +/- 5%. If any one is much outside of that, it indicates a potential fueling issue (which could be contributing to your dropping DAM).

Bill
Old 11-17-2012, 11:14 AM   #5
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

I will keep an eye on it and post some new logs after the weekend. Thanks so much for your help. This is why i bought an accessport instead of going open tune!
Old 11-21-2012, 08:20 PM   #6
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

not sure if these are any help, i almost never drive on the highway so its hard for me to find a place to get some clean pulls. But heres what i was able to get this morning. The af learning column doesnt a whole lot. But the af1/2/3 ect when i check on my accessport show fairly different numbers i know the a/f learning1 is over %5, last time i looked at it it was %5.5 Not sure what that specifically pertains to. And i still havent done a boost leak test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NWDFhb3c#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...6TDBkRWc#gid=0
Old 11-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #7
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

p.s. to the best of my knowledge the car has the orig fuel pump/injectors/ect, and has 62k on the clock.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #8
Cobb Tuning
NASIOC Vendor

Quote:
not sure if these are any help, i almost never drive on the highway so its hard for me to find a place to get some clean pulls. But heres what i was able to get this morning. The af learning column doesnt a whole lot. But the af1/2/3 ect when i check on my accessport show fairly different numbers i know the a/f learning1 is over %5, last time i looked at it it was %5.5 Not sure what that specifically pertains to. And i still havent done a boost leak test.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...NWDFhb3c#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...6TDBkRWc#gid=0
Can you look at the A/F Learning 1 A,B,C,D now and report what values are shown (as well as how much driving you've done since the last map reflash or ECU reset)?

Bill
Old 11-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
BIGJBEARS
Scooby Newbie

I have been driving alot, seems like my turbo inlet was loose again, cleaned it/tightened fuel trims have gone much closer to 0 and dam is back at 16. I seem to be getting alot of oil mist around the crankcase breather near the turbo and it seems to be making the turbo/inlet connection oily and perhaps expanding the inlet. Looks like an AOS is in my future. A fresh turbo inlet might not hurt either as mine has some scarring from the old worm type hoseclamp. I have some clean logs ill post when i get home for verification.