Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Mid West Subaru Owners Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Mid West Subaru Owners Club Forum -- MWSOC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #1
DD1fastWRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 379039
Vehicle:
09 WRX
Metallic grey

Default Oklahoma Subies please stand up!

I live in okc and I see a bunch of subies flying around but havent got to talk to anyone yet. Is there anyone on here from Oklahoma?
DD1fastWRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2014, 12:43 PM   #2
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384259
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

I joined just to reply! I'm from Stillwater, not OKC but have been wondering the same thing. I'm looking for people from the OKC/Stillwater/Tulsa area.
11T-WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 384354

First Post! I'm also from Oklahoma, but in Tulsa. Just picked up my first Subaru, an 03 Sonic Yellow Wagon, loving it so far!!
jaydoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:49 PM   #4
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Thumbs up

Who doesn't love their Subie? Haha. I know there are quite a few here in Stillwater but I'm not sure they are really "enthusiasts." They all look like little college kids with daddy's money. That doesn't mean they're not enthusiasts but it's just...different. I'll try to meet some of them soon and maybe we can push a good Oklahoma chapter. The OKSC forum (http://oksc.org/) seems pretty dead. I'd rather push a group through NASIOC just because there is so much more info about everything!

Scoobapalooza is in St. Louis on June 14th (http://scoobapalooza.webs.com/). That would be a fun easy drive if anybody is interested. Just putting that thought out there.

Anyway, I'm between both of you, I have friends that live in both cities that I visit often and they are all car people (though I'm the only Subaru owner). We usually do some cruising, go out to eat, whatever. I'll let either of you know when I'm in your respective towns and maybe we can meet up.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:23 AM   #5
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 269641
Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

I'm in Tulsa, I have an '05 CGM STI and an '05 CGM WRX wagon. I see 4 or 5 STI's flying around town pretty often, most are WRB or black. I'm always down to meet up and whatnot.
supra109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #6
grex07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 167116
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2013 STi 5Dr
DGM

im in broken arrow and commute to tulsa every day for work. I'm in the DGM STi 5dr. i know I exchanged a wave the sonic yellow wagon the other day. I'm down for a meet up to get to the know the community.
grex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM   #7
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

Hey all, I'm still getting used to the waves from other subaru drivers, but I try to wave back when I catch them!

We should try to meet up at one of the fuddruckers cruise nights, I think they are on Thursdays on 71st street.

@grex07, I think I saw you on 51 headed West in the AM, right?

I also saw a bug eye sedan, Silver with Green wheels up at 71st and Memorial the other night.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydoc View Post
Hey all, I'm still getting used to the waves from other subaru drivers, but I try to wave back when I catch them!

We should try to meet up at one of the fuddruckers cruise nights, I think they are on Thursdays on 71st street.

@grex07, I think I saw you on 51 headed West in the AM, right?

I also saw a bug eye sedan, Silver with Green wheels up at 71st and Memorial the other night.
I'm definitely not used to waves either lol. Seen a few guys cruising around BA and gotten a few waves from them.

Anybody want to meet up this weekend? I wont be able to make Thursday night since I picked up an extra shift for my buddy.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:23 PM   #9
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

I'm planning to wash/wax the car on Saturday Morning, but that usually takes me all day, and it may rain on Sunday, but hey, it's Tulsa, so it will probably be beautiful Sunday...

I'd be down for a quick meet up, I'll keep an eye on the thread if you have a place/time in mind.
Old 04-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #10
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

Saturday I'll be working one of my many part times from 1-6. I'm up for whatever, either before or after.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #11
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

I saw 2 more bug eye wagons over the weekend. A red one in BA, and a white one in Tulsa. Nice to see more out here!
Old 04-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #12
ShagginWaggon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 383411
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
Ice Silver Metallic

New Subie owner checking in. I'm down in Lawton. I'll most likely have some free time this summer for meets and what-not. (doing the post-Army college thing.)
ShagginWaggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #13
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

I should hopefully have my APS stuff (fmic, intake, exhaust, and bov) and my Cobb accessport in the next couple weeks, so I'll be driving my sti a lot more.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #14
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

I'd like to go out and take some photos sometime, but I always have trouble finding photo spots in OK. In Pennsylvania, I could go out all day and hit 10 or so places, here, I have trouble.

Any suggestions?
Old 04-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #15
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Quote:
I'd like to go out and take some photos sometime, but I always have trouble finding photo spots in OK. In Pennsylvania, I could go out all day and hit 10 or so places, here, I have trouble.

Any suggestions?
With Oklahoma, you just have to kind of explorer (more driving, darn) until you come across a nice spot. I have been to many pretty places (yes they exist) that would be great for pictures but can't just spout a place off the top of my head. It's not as easy/awesome as other states. Do you have a specific backdrop in mind? Industrial or scenic?

My roommate is a photographer and he suggested Chandler park for now until he know's more what you're looking for. I like the area directly north of Sand Springs back west toward the lake. A few curvy roads and lots of trees. It's nice in the spring/fall.

Another idea, just out of boredom, is to set up a meet and cruise towards Fayetteville some day. Head over for lunch, stop and explorer where ever there and back for photos and what not. Arkansas has some beautiful places.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:12 AM   #16
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

I'm always open for setting up a cruise day! Maybe some Saturday in the next month or so?

As far as photos, I feel that this car needs to be on dirt, with some sort of grungy, industrial type background. I went out scouting last week, and I found a park on Memorial in a Bixby that had access to under the bridge between 131st and 141st. I was going to stop and shoot, but there were city workers there spraying water on the dirt. Also, going up 141st between memorial and Yale, there are some off shoots towards the river worth exploring, but I tend to chicken out when I'm by myself, I case I get stuck unintentionally! There's one off shoot with a dirt clearing and an old excavator that I think would be a cool background.

I'd like to check out chandler park sometime. I've only been up there once for a honda meet a few years ago, but didn't really explore the area.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:18 PM   #17
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Quote:
I'm always open for setting up a cruise day! Maybe some Saturday in the next month or so?

As far as photos, I feel that this car needs to be on dirt, with some sort of grungy, industrial type background...
That's a little harder to find here since we don't have the industrial history like PA. My roommate suggested this place: https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...169.85,,0,8.16 by the fairgrounds.

I know there are some cool places to get here 36.060019, -96.594656 and here 36.091783, -96.57075 but I haven't been there in a while so it could have changed a lot. Not really industrial except for the oil equipment.

I'm down for a Saturday cruise. I'm off every weekend.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:27 PM   #18
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Bah! I meant to post a few pics I have of my car. The first three were during the ice store on a road by my house and the last one is in front of my house at night. Annnd the front lip has since been removed by an opossum.

Old 04-25-2014, 05:33 PM   #19
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

Very Nice!

What is the logo on the hat in the first pic, at first I thought it was the Seakhaks logo, but that's not it.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #20
11T-WRX
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2011 Impreza WRX
World Rally Blue

Quote:
Very Nice!

What is the logo on the hat in the first pic, at first I thought it was the Seakhaks logo, but that's not it.
It's a FMF hat.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #21
ShagginWaggon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 383411
Vehicle:
2013 WRX Hatchback
Ice Silver Metallic

The Wichita Mountains have tons of good spots for a photo shoot. If not there, maybe a downtown area of one of the smaller towns? I like the brick buildings with large windows for a back drop.
ShagginWaggon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:55 PM   #22
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

Any of you guys know of a GOOD shop that can build me a 3.5" downpipe for my APS exhaust?
Old 05-01-2014, 02:44 PM   #23
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by supra109 View Post
Any of you guys know of a GOOD shop that can build me a 3.5" downpipe for my APS exhaust?
I'd probably say that Humble is the best bet. I've used them for years with my previous car, customer service can be hit or miss though. They built my exhaust on that car from the header back, and I hear they do a lot of turbo stuff too.

I've used Toyspeed twice, once I got my car back with a nasty door dent, and chocolate on my door handles inside. He always gives you a huge list of items he wants to fix. Good shop, but unfortunately I can't deal with all that.

Good Luck!
Old 05-01-2014, 02:57 PM   #24
supra109
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
1993 Supra TT
Anthracite (MSB)

Yeah that wouldn't fly with me. I'll probably end up doing it next weekend once I get my Cobb accessport so I can put my new fmic, intake and bov on, that way there won't be a top mount in the way of unbolting the downpipe. I want to be able to sit and basically watch them, I don't trust too many shops after the shady crap that's happened with a couple of my supra's.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
jaydoc
Scooby Newbie

I'm the same way. I took the WRX in for an oil change at Humble when I bought it, and went out in the shop to watch the work. Sometimes I feel like a PITA, but I don't want people messing around with my car. I used to just drop off my car, but I don't really know anyone there anymore. I'd still say, based on personal experience and hearsay, they are the go to shop in Tulsa.