Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-28-2021, 12:54 AM   #1
abn
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 504524
Vehicle:
2017 Wrx

Default 2017 subaru wrx starting issues

Hi,

I have a 2017 wrx thats been driving fine and after driving today i went to turn car on and it wont start. It needs to be jump started everytime now but car still has power and battery still shows 12-14V. However I did note that one of my t taps for my fog light bezels seems to have been melted or exposed. Anyone think this is the problem or its something else?
abn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2022, 10:15 PM   #2
That_Boosted_Life
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 422693
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2016 WRX Premium
Lapis Blue Pearl

Id hook a voltage meter up to the battery and have someone crank the engine. It could show 12ish volts but when the starter pulls a load it drops to a low number that isnt enough to turn the car over. If on the factory battery its possible it needs replacement as the factory battery is weak and underpowered especially when it gets below freezing.

what runs off the t-tap for fog lights (or are these add-ons as the car didnt come with them or something like the fog light bezels with led strips?) If fused you should be fine. The melting could be that the t-tap corroded inside or is loose and was arching and generating heat. However fogs if hooked up through proper add-a-fuse or branching off the existing fog harness are only powered when lights are on.
That_Boosted_Life is offline   Reply With Quote