Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
KronosPerformance
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 285188
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru STi
Black

Default Kronos Performance's 08+ STI / 11+ WRX Magnaflow Catback Review

So some of you know that even though we sell parts we have been holding off on buying any actual parts for a while. Finally decided to modify my 2009 STi which is completely stock. First modification we decided to go with is the Magnaflow Catback Exhaust with the Quad Tips which replicates the factory catback.

Now just a little background on myself personally. I'm days away from being 28 years old (August 1st), I don't want a stupid loud car anymore but I do miss actually hearing my car. I enjoyed driving and knowing that people can't hear my car miles away and I'm not flooring the vehicle. I basically wanted some more bass in the exhaust...low and deep with the typical gurgle sound of the Subarus.

After listening to a few clips on youtube of people who had it, it sounded great to me and plus I've always been a fan of Magnaflow on other vehicles.

One thing that worried me at first was realizing it didn't have a resonator, so wasn't sure how loud it was going to be but I still had trust in Magnaflow.

I decided to take my car to Superior Automative in Trenton, NJ off Rt 130 (http://www.superiorautomotivenj.com) and they were great. They had it installed in about an hours time and didn't cost me an arm and leg. I highly recommend them if you're in NJ. Also note I did use Perrin Exhaust Hangers (5 of them).

So basically after the install and driving it...I LOVE IT! Its perfect for me. Its low and deep, I should be able to drive past cops without them thinking they should write me a ticket for loud exhaust and I can hear my exhaust more so than factory.

Here are some pictures of it during the install:

If any of you were interested in purchase this catback, you can find it here:

Magnaflow Catback 08+ STi / 11+ WRX Hatchback [16824] - $540.00 : Kronos Performance, Fueling the Car Lover Within

Here are some before and after Videos:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[b]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/b] - Call / Text [b]732-742-8837[/b] | AIM Screenname - [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]KronosParts[/B][/COLOR]
[B]
[/B] | [B]Perrin, Invidia, Grimmspeed & more![/B]

Last edited by KronosPerformance; 07-26-2012 at 02:40 PM.
KronosPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
sennett0r
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 188708
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2011 Subaru WRX
DGM

I'm in the same boat as you... I daily drove a s14 with a loud exhaust for 5 years before getting my WRX so I was happy with the stock exhaust but wanted a bit more grunt.

So far, every exhaust I've heard besides the SPT exhaust sounded a tad bit too loud for what I wanted but after your review, it makes me want this exhaust. Damn you!!! Now I have to spend more money!!! arghhhh

Were the Perrin exhaust hangers necessary? If not, why did you decide to use those instead of the stock hangers?

Thanks for the review!
sennett0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
KronosPerformance
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (6)

Member#: 285188
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2009 Subaru STi
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by sennett0r View Post
I'm in the same boat as you... I daily drove a s14 with a loud exhaust for 5 years before getting my WRX so I was happy with the stock exhaust but wanted a bit more grunt.

So far, every exhaust I've heard besides the SPT exhaust sounded a tad bit too loud for what I wanted but after your review, it makes me want this exhaust. Damn you!!! Now I have to spend more money!!! arghhhh

Were the Perrin exhaust hangers necessary? If not, why did you decide to use those instead of the stock hangers?

Thanks for the review!
They aren't necessary per say however they are supposed to help with movement and keeping droning down. I mean, I hear zero rattling and on the highway, you can make it sound like you don't even have an aftermarket exhaust. I highly recommend it.

If you want to hear what it sounds like at WOT, I have a dyno video:

And you're welcome on the review

[b]
[/b] - Call / Text [b]732-742-8837[/b] | AIM Screenname - [COLOR="#FF0000"][B]KronosParts[/B][/COLOR]
[B]
[/B] | [B]Perrin, Invidia, Grimmspeed & more![/B]
KronosPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote