Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.5L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.5L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 01-12-2005, 09:43 AM   #1
my99maddog
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55515
Vehicle:
1998 MY99

Default Rough Idle on 2.5 Short Motor

Has any one experienced rough idle with a 2.5 short motor?
This one is bolted up to Version 6 STi Heads and is only running low boost during its run in. Original Version 6 STi 440cc injectors and a VF28 all in need of upgrade one day but this should not impact on the idle? Any thoughts appreciated.
my99maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

Didn't notice an idle difference when I switched to one. Vacuum leak somewhere maybe?
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
jdchmiel
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 926
Chapter/Region: South East

my idle is the same.
ditto ont eh vacuum leak check suggestion. You can use a propane torch and dont light it, jsut move it around the engine bay near everything like where the manifold mounts to teh heads and see if your idle changes. I have heard people use water too, and you can hear it, but Id rather keep the motor dry since the next step is wrenching on it.
jdchmiel is offline   Reply With Quote