Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-04-2001, 02:36 PM   #1
Girl'sRS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 162
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza RS
Silverthorne Metallic

Angry CEL near 36K

Does Subaru have any history of turning on the CEL <i>right</i> as the warranty is about to run out? I was driving the 225 mi trip between Philadelphia and Albany when it turned on - ODO 35,9**. I pulled over & tightened the gas cap. No luck. At the rest stop I took the gas cap on & replaced it tightly and cycled the car on and off several times. When I pulled in at my destination it was still on. I am going to try disconnecting the battery & see if it comes back - being Sunday I couldnt bring it in to get the code pulled if I wanted to.

Any thoughts? Almost sounds of a ploy to come in & purchase the extended warranty before its too late.
Girl'sRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 03:25 PM   #2
HndaTch627
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6551
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'01 GC8 Dinged STM
'09 Concours 14 ABS Black

well seeing as how you are close to your warranty they should goodwill it. Best way to find out is take it to the dealer, and if they deny you the claim for being 100 miles out of warranty then you need to contact SOA! I know we regularlly do work on Goodwill once out of warranty.

Jeremy

P.s.: Have you done anything to the car?? What are your mods?
HndaTch627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 04:10 PM   #3
Girl'sRS
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 162
Vehicle:
1999 Impreza RS
Silverthorne Metallic

no engine or exhaust mods.. just the sway bar & short shifter.
Girl'sRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2001, 04:24 PM   #4
HndaTch627
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6551
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
'01 GC8 Dinged STM
'09 Concours 14 ABS Black

i would contact your dealer and tell them what happened. It's most likely and emissions system code if the car is still running fine. Could even be just a bad o2 sensor. Give them a buzz and see what they say.

jeremy
HndaTch627 is offline   Reply With Quote