Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > AccessPort

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
05Stidream
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 366286
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 Subaru Wrx Sti
Wingless CGM

Default building a VE table

So anyone have any easier way to explain how to build the VE table? I have a book on tuning that I am reading but not quiet understanding the section of how to build a volumetric efficiency table. Try get the into tuning. Thanks
05Stidream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
Drewswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352498
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx 2.5L
World Rally Blue

The best way is to keep reading the sections over and over. After a while they will start to make sense. When I started reading and learning how to tune my own car, I got real frustrated because things were not making a whole lot of sense. Have patience and stick with it. It will come to you. I really can not think of an easier way to explain VE tables or other tables because if you don't understand it then no matter what anyone says it won't make any sense. It took me almost a year of reading and learning before I was able to take my car and tune the entire thing by myself. So good luck and don't give up.
Drewswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #3
05Stidream
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Subaru Wrx Sti
Wingless CGM

thanks and I will keep at it.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Drewswrx
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 352498
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2008 Wrx 2.5L
World Rally Blue

Hey I will be starting a blog soon with detailed ways I was able to teach myself how to tune. When I get it up I will soot you the link so maybe this could help you out too. It will also be for other automotive questions and tips also so when I get it up spread the word. I just want to help people like you and me who want to do their own work and take pride in the work that they are doing and the fact that they did it themselves.
Drewswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:37 PM   #5
05Stidream
Scooby Newbie

Vehicle:
2005 Subaru Wrx Sti
Wingless CGM

I will make sure to pass it on man. I appreciate it and will make sure to read it as soon as it is up.