Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-22-2002, 09:29 PM   #1
2.5RSimpreza
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 21082
Vehicle:
2000 2.5 RS
blue ridge pearl

Question Borla Headers and GFB Pulley Kit

I was wondering, if i order the Borla header kit for my 2.5 RS do i just order 1 in the quantity or what? i was planning on ordering them from summit racing. and is the GFB Pulley Kit worth the buy or should i get the lightened pulley set from imprezaRS.com? and also if anyone has any info on the power ECU chip i would love to hear it, thanks for any info you have!
2.5RSimpreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2002, 10:04 PM   #2
2.FIVEL
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 23317
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
red, er blue, no black!!

The header is a one piece unit. I'm not an expert or anything, but a pulley kit doesnt add any horses, just frees up some, allowing for a little quicker rev. I've been in a couple cars with lightened pulleys, and underdrive pulleys, and it seems to be something I (personally) would not add right away. Not that noticable (to me anyway). I'd spend on exhaust/ intake parts first, then go from there. Plus, I think Subarus have a kinda weak charging system; at least mine does, making underdrives a bad thing.
2.FIVEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2002, 11:27 AM   #3
awdwagon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 6585
Vehicle:
1997 acura integra
champion white

yea the header is just 1 unit so you only need to order one, i have an unorthodox pully on my car, as a matter of fast i have them on both my cars, i like them alot the car revs a little quicker plus the motor dont work as hard to spin lighter stuff so you will see an improvement,if your worried about the charging system a smaller pully will dim your headlights when coming to a stop but i know unorthodox makes a "stock sized" lightened pully so your lights wont dim. i also have a pro ecm chip in my car and i noticed a little better throttle responce and a little more mid range,due to less down shifting on hills and strong head winds(i have a 1.8 )
awdwagon is offline   Reply With Quote