Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Vendor Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-27-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
EklipzGSXkid
Scooby Scammer- Do Not Buy From User
Member Sales Rating: (26)

Member#: 155881
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2006 713awhp 826wtq
STI Aspen White

Default TurboTektuning

I copied and pasted this, But I wanted to share my experience and let everyone know about Ray @ turbotektuning, And his experience with tuning these cars !

After ordering a "mail order protune", And the car not running at all, I gave up and contacted Ray @ turbotektuning.com . He DEFINATLY knew what he was doing and was a very nice person to have a conversation with. He let me know everything he was doing the entire time at the dyno.

I met Ray down at the dyno at ICY/Phoenix performance Inc for my 06' sti to be tuned.

The power mods are:

Blouch dominator 3.0 turbo
860cc injectors
walbro pump
turboback exhaust
gimmick inlet/after maf
ssauto fmic / hks ssqv bov.

The car would not even build boost when I took it to Ray, It was MESSED UP majorly in my mind, It had serious issues. As soon as Ray uploaded a basemap the car idle'd and sounded like a totally different car. They swapped the plugs out for me and Ray started to work his magic.

After a few quick pulls Here are the results!!

Here are a few quick pictures during the day.

Ray working his magic

Ray inside the car tuning, Klevis @ ICY/Phoenix racing next to the car

First impressions? Well, When I showed up to the shop, It was BIG, There were subaru's, And modded cars everywhere. I coulden't believe my eyes. Then, I found ray tuning his 06' STI that made big power with a similiar setup! I can 100% say I would not even look around for another tuner from this point on, I trust ray 100% with my car and my money.

He is VERY experienced in what he does, And I would recommend ANYONE looking to get tuned, To contact Ray. I will be going back for a race gas map once I get a few more small mods/clutch, To see the numbers Ray can pull out of this car! The car drives like a totally different car, I am so pleased I don't even want to get out of the car now.

This is the first time I got an actual dyno tune, And I am very pleased with the outcome. I know there is more in the car especially on race gas, So I can't wait to go back!

I will upload the video's some time today!

Thanks for looking,
Rob "Fig".
EklipzGSXkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #2
02scoobydoo
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 154992
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 wrx w/2.5 block
blue

I just got back from a road tune with Ray. It was perfect!!! He sorted out some previous issues and got what we could out of the new fmic and vf39swap. I definitely stand behind Ray and his work. Should be going to do some dyno runs in about a month, i'll post the numbers. Ray is the man and i'll definitely be going back for any other work i need, esepecially since you just can't beat the quality and price. Thanks again Ray!!!
02scoobydoo is offline   Reply With Quote