Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 09-01-2009, 03:25 AM   #1
travelG
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 212342
Default 08 Impreza + 02-03 front seats?

Hi everyone! I recently purchased an '08 Impreza N/A 5-door, and am excited to actually come out from lurking as an actual Subie owner

I've been considering how to gently mod the car without going over-the-top, and one of the first things I considered was the front seats. My younger brother owns an '05 2.5i 5-door, and we both LOVE his front seats. They're not crazy-bolstered like the WRXs or STis, but they do a phenomenally better job than my '08 front seats.

As far as I can tell, the N/A seat design hasn't changed from '02-05, so I was wondering if 02-03 2.5i front seats can be fitted into my '08 Impreza? What, if any, custom modifications would I have to consider?

Thanks in advance, folks!
travelG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #2
Bluefoton
Scooby Guru

Member#: 141373
Chapter/Region: E. Canada
Vehicle:
2022 Crosstrek Sport
6MT

Ahhh....so refreshing to hear a new owner consider a functional and tasteful idea as opposed to the typical chorus of "bought a 2.5, need powah, is a walmart exhaust/turbonator/600$ supercharger/naws sticker a good mod"

PS: welcome, (and I have no idea if 02 seats fit a 08)
Bluefoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
travelG
Scooby Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoton View Post
Ahhh....so refreshing to hear a new owner consider a functional and tasteful idea as opposed to the typical chorus of "bought a 2.5, need powah, is a walmart exhaust/turbonator/600$ supercharger/naws sticker a good mod"
lol. Are postings like that so rampant these days? It's actually been a few years since I was last lurking on the forums (since 05 or 06), and I don't recall such inane questions being so prevalent.

My goals are relatively simple: keep the engine N/A, make the system as efficient as possible (nuts to ridicurrous, unrealistic hp gains), a good suspension/brake setup, and interior niceties to keep my passengers and I in relative comfort.

That said, it would seem that earlier-model front seats would be a great "downgrade" in functionality for all passengers: driver & shotgun passenger receive better bolstering & higher line of eyesight over the dash, while the rear right passenger actually gets a pass-through for his/her feet underneath the shotgun seat. The '08 front passenger seat doesn't allow that to happen.

Anyone considered this move to earlier-model front seats, even base 2.5i ones for the current model year?

BTW, thanks for the welcome, Blue
Old 09-02-2009, 01:27 AM   #4
travelG
Scooby Newbie

A random thought: this might be a non-newbie question, so I'll repost my seat query in the interior mod section.