Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Reviews > Car Part Reviews

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 12-30-2003, 10:09 PM   #1
StickyIckyIcky
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (0)

Member#: 51601
Angry *** MRT Exhaust Warning!!!!

check this out... please dont flame me.... just letting you all know

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/to...hTerms=exhaust

and

http://www.mrtrally.com.au/forums/to...hTerms=exhaust

Last edited by StickyIckyIcky; 12-31-2003 at 01:39 AM.
StickyIckyIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2004, 07:29 PM   #2
ChezHead
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 34756
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
Silver

From the for what its worth department I'm 2 years into a MRT Turbo back system and haven't experienced any signs of rust problems to date. I have probably close to 3K of MRT products on my WRX and have nothing but praise for the quality. I contacted them many times asking advice on different setups I was considering, they were very helpful telling me things to consider and look out for. I've been very satisfied with their products and customer service.
ChezHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:19 AM   #3
dbenyaacov
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9220
Vehicle:
2002 WRX
Brilliant Silver

Default Sided with MRT

I have read through both links.

While I don't think that the MRT exhaust owner was telling a lie, it is certainly obvious that he was pissed off that his exhaust was rusted after three years and that he had to pay to get it off his car and to replace it.

But does that mean that a MRT exhaust should not be purchased? In my mind, the fact that no other bulletin board members posted that they experienced a similar problem shows that this was an isolated incident. Also, the fact that this irate former MRT exhaust owner did not contact MRT to fix the problem, but instead decided to bitch (with multiple CAPS LOCK posts) on their own bulletin board shows that while he is pissed and irate, he did not do his due dilligence and at least contact MRT.

I understand the owner's reluctance: Too often we realize that our complaints get unheeded, especially when dealing with a large corporation. But MRT is not a large company. The MRT's owner personally responded to this person's complaint. The MRT folks seem eager to at least investigate and, if they had given a chance, may have rectify this problem. That speaks well about their character and customer service.

Sure the owner has already fixed the problem and doesn't have time to drive down to MRT. But does that mean he can go off and flame away at MRT? In a sense yes, but the only point that that proves is that one of the MRT exhausts was rusted through after three years of usage.

Does this all stop me from buying a MRT exhaust? Absolutely not. I prefer a smaller company that cares about the problems of their customers and I understand that sometimes a product may have undetectable manufacturing flaws or may wear prematurely.

Now if more people posted in stating that they had a similar problem or if the original poster showed that he contacted MRT and they ignored him, then I think he'd have a more compelling argument to not buy MRT.
dbenyaacov is offline   Reply With Quote