Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Engine Management & Tuning > Other Engine Management

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #1
jblaine
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8512
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2002 WRX chassis...
stage-infinity.com

Default Hydra: Car dies momentarily

So, here's a fun one.

A week or two ago, I shifted from 2nd to 3rd, let out the clutch, and started pressing the gas in "around town" mode. No boost, just tooling around. The dash lit up like a Christmas tree (loss of electrical or ECU control) for .2 seconds, the car fell on its face, and then continued right on. I glance at my radar detector which shows voltage. Fine.

"Ummm... thaaaaat was cool."

Take the car out and datalog a bunch of conditions. Nothing wrong.

Check all grounding spots. Fine. Tight.

"Maybe it was a fluke..."

A few days later, I am idling in a parking space for 2-3 minutes. Car shuts off. No stumbling before shut off, nothing. Fine --> OFF.

"Sweet."

A few days later, I am idling at a stop light for 2-3 minutes. Car shuts off. No stumbling before shut off, nothing. Fine --> OFF.

"Yay, this is great."

Last night I datalogged the whole way to my parents' house for a visit, as usual. And all the way back. For the sake of the datalogging/goal at hand, I had 'Closed Loop' turned off completely. Everything ran perfectly fine. I logged no abnormalities in any of the maps or conditions.

So, I am going to keep Closed Loop off based on the wild assumption at this point that my WB02 sensor is screwed and causing trouble. It doesn't really make any sense though, because I use Closed Loop between 2000-3200RPM. Idling is 950RPM and the car still died those 2 times...

Let me hear any ideas.
jblaine is offline   Reply With Quote