Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Transmission (AT/MT) & Driveline

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-19-2002, 07:25 PM   #1
Sean
Scooby Guru

Member#: 518
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
762 PGT Impreza L,
Elantra GT Sport

Default New clutch acting weird: engagement point randomly changes on clutch pedal...

I just had Exeter Subaru install a ClutchNet six puck sprung copper rally clutch in the PGT car (MY96 Impreza L with cable clutch) along with a new stock flywheel, throwout bearing and pressure plate. After daily driving it for about a month the clutch started acting strangely.

When engaging the clutch pedal at low speeds (getting rolling from a stop or bumper to bumper traffic) sometimes the clutch engages when the pedal is an inch off the floor, sometimes two inches off the floor and sometimes two and a half inches off the floor. If I come to a stop on an incline and the car rolls backwards with the clutch disengaged in first gear, engaging the clutch "catches" a little bit when the pedal is an inch off the floor, the car lurches, but the clutch doesn't fully engage until the pedal is two and a half inches off the floor.

Does this sound like the throwout bearing binding up on the pressure plate and I'll have to take the vehicle in for service or might there something I can do at the clutch fork to take care of the problem? I've swapped suspension and most everything else but I don't have the facilities to drop the transmission myself to inspect the clutch and pressure plate internally (yet ).

There is no cone | PGT Impreza L Rally Car | P Neon Rally Car
Trunkmonkey Racing | [email protected] | What is a Trunkmonkey?
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote