Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Warranty Issues & SOA Problems

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #1
Zig
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 159323
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
07 cobb stg2 STi
black

Unhappy I have a major problem

okay.. well i bought a 07 sti about 3 months ago. and i had a few bucks to put into the car. so i had bought a catback and a bov. instead of going somewhere profesional to have the parts installed i just had my buddy do it for my mostly because it was free and i trusted him...so i had the parts on for a few weeks and everything was running smoothly. but one day i heard sounds of a boost leak..i didnt pay any mind to it untill it started getting much louder.

i tried to figure out where the leak was just by looking but i couldnt find it...so the next day i was driving and by that point i had what felt lk 0psi. i basicly had an all engine sti..i finally got it up to the dealership after replacing all the stock parts..even though they seen that i had done work to it they decided to fix it anyways.

to make a long story short they found that the tubing from the intercooler that connects onto the turbo was folded in. that caused a blockage from the intercooler to the turbo which made the turbo become extremely hot and it actualy melted some of the tubing..luckily the turbo didnt blow. but from what they said everything from the turbo back was messed up. including the exhaust..

but my problem is that they had my car for 3 weeks and i got it back last thursday and it seemed to be fixed. then last sunday it started acting up again..i could feel the boost kicking in and out, i actualy threw a check engine light. so i took it back yesterday and i got it back today..they said that the wastegate had opened up but they took care of it and it was said to be fixed. but its deffinitly not.

my turbo used to kick in around 3 grand and now its not kicking in till bout 5. the boost is much less then what it should be when it does finaly kick in as well. i just dont know what to do. they are becoming clue less on what could be wrong.

does anyone know what could be going on here???
id apreciate all the help i can get right about now........
Zig is offline   Reply With Quote