Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #1
b-o-b-s
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 50148
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 sti
jbp

Post high comp ratio

ok i posted this type of thread some where else. i am building a new combo for my obs, this is what it is. p2 2.5 block, p1 2.5 head gaskets, 2.2 dual port heads, borla header, custom 2.25" or 2.5" exhaust with no cats or resonater and decent muffler (havent decided what one) new upgraded subaru clutch, intake from a leagacy (no air horns) custom air box under r/f scoop, and 2.5 dohc fuel injectors. how does that sound. what do you people think about that setup. do you know about numbers that it will produce. any info would be cool thanks.
b-o-b-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #2
Homemade WRX
Scooby Guru

Member#: 33782
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
96 3MI Racing
search FIRST, then PM!!!

You have the EJ22 in the car right? or had they gone to the EJ25?
Take it easy, Micah
Homemade WRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 04:21 PM   #3
stimpy
Homicidal Maniac

Member#: 1612
Vehicle:
2008 STI

At this point, it is purely guess work on that combination. You will have to identify head gasket thicknesses, displacement, bore, head volume, and possible valve interference. I have doubts you will be able to pull it past the stock 10.0:1 CR available on the MY00+ EJ25.

I would guess the performance will be marginally better than a stock EJ25. Have you considered tuning? The EJ22 ECU is not going to be expecting the kind of differences you are adding. I've heard a few reports that there are dual-port EJ22 heads out there, but I know mine were single-port. Don't know if they are a restriction compared to the EJ25 heads or not.

My suggestion: buy a complete EJ25 longblock and put it in. No need to complicate something with such little returns.

-Jon
stimpy is offline   Reply With Quote