Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday February 13, 2016
Home Forums WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Factory 2.0L Turbo Powertrain (EJ Series Factory 2.0L Turbo)

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 08-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #601
Rbrate6
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 427745
Vehicle:
2006 Subaru WRX
Gray

im having the same problem with my 06 wrx. My friend recently put on the stage 1 power package from cobbs warehouse. just under a week the code came while driving to the gas station. my accessport says im still at 14.7 a/f. i reset the code on the accessport and then turned the car off, havent driven it yet but if it comes back what/where should i be looking primarily?
Rbrate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2015, 01:09 AM   #602
joek92
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 353938
Vehicle:
2007 STI WRB
18x8.75 +35 225/40

I removed all the emissions stuff from beside the alternator (also unplugged the box thing) and got a P0171. I think the reason it triggered was because instead of capping the intake manifold port I just connected it to the hardline coming from underneath the manifold. If I capped both instead of connecting them it might be ok.
Since there is no complete diagram listing all the hoses and ports and what they do I guess it's easier just to leave it all there.

Put all the emissions stuff back, reset ecu, and no code.
joek92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:19 AM   #603
WR9-2X
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 386292

Wow, when this thread was started I didn't even have my driver's license yet.

Anyways, I keep getting that pesky PO171 pop up on my 05 Saabaru with a stock 2.0. Only mod otherwise I know of is the CAI which I've had for a long time without getting a code. Car has about 180,000 miles on it. The odd thing is, I only get it when I'm at the bottom of a very steep valley on my way to work. In that quick transition from downhill to uphill it pops up every time if I go fast enough.

I've checked all my vacuum lines, sealed any questionable seals on the CAI with a bit of RTV, I clean and replace the gasket on the IACV about once a year just for cheap peace-of-mind. Any other ideas? I'm guessing either the quick change in g-force when driving through the "dip" is either loosening up a vacuum line somewhere, or that my fuel system is having trouble pumping up through the g-force. Come to think of it my fuel filter is overdue....

Anyone else ever see anything like this? Car runs and idles beautifully for 180,000 miles other than this one issue going through the steep dip.
WR9-2X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 12:00 PM   #604
lamping.ap
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 439698

2008 Impreza, no mods, P0171.

Found no intake or exhaust leaks, sprayed MAF with cleaner and saw no change in the readings. Using my bluetooth scanner I see, at idle and car hot (coolant temp was good):

SAE.LONGFT = 29.7%
SAE.SHORTFT = 20%
SAE.MAF = 2.1 g/s
SAE.WO2S11.O2SV = 2.0 V

Any ideas? The O2 voltage is suggesting it is running lean and those trims are super rich. Is the MAF reading normal for the car hot and idling?

Car seams to run fine, but is getting poor MPGs. I also found it odd, that when I shut the engine off, car still on, the O2 voltage stayed the same. Shouldn't it drop?

Last edited by lamping.ap; 02-04-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added info
lamping.ap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 AM   #605
prohispano
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 393739

Ive got this code after Engine wash , !no powerwash!,

Sympoms:
-Cold start hesistation and bad idle (after warm up and restar engine idle fine at 700rpms)
-Acceleration sluggish, even warm, at second gear it feels 0 power, but in WOT, feels as same as when it was good, no problems at full boost (stage 3 bugeye at 14 psi vf39).
-Vacuum at cold starts go to -15 and its accelerate by its own trying to stay alive.
-If i want steady 1500rpm for example, it goes to 2k and stumbles to 1000 rpm, and then it goes all high again.

What im doing?
- I clean MAF sensor with contact cleaner (OBD2 bluethooth scanner, tell me AFR at idle are 15-14:7)
-I have clean coil packs and connectors.
-I have clean IAVC idle controller
-I check all vacum lineas and negatives
-I clean even the spark plugs, they are one week new and are BKR7 NGK
-I test all Coils and they are good.

When i buy the car, it has bad Frontal o2 sensor and well, it has p0171, i install new sensor and CELS neve come back!

Please need some help.

Today i buy injector cleaners, i really dont know what it is?

PD: I even check Compression (cold engine and didnt wot ) and i get 120psi in all cylinders.
prohispano is online now   Reply With Quote