Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Monday March 18, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
klie5111
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79895
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
White

Default Gauge wiring --in process--HELP

Removing the stock boost gauge and wiring in greddy egt and boost. There are three power wires for the greddy; acc, power, lighting, and only one for the stock. Can i connect all three of the greddy power lines together and run them to the stock power?? The stock power is spliced somewhere in behind the radio...does the stock one get split out behind the scenes with a different input for acc, lighting, etc?
klie5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2005, 12:13 AM   #2
klie5111
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 79895
Vehicle:
2002 WRX Wagon
White

Bump for someone still working on the project.
klie5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 12:46 AM   #3
scuBdoB17
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 63650
Vehicle:
1997 Impreza 2.2L
Green

To answer your question. Yeah, you can connect all three wires to the source. By doing that you are putting all three of those wires in parallel which means they will all be getting the source voltage. If you dont understand that you can look at it this way. When you are putting up christmas lights notice how when you plug one strand into another the lights get dimmer down the line. (That is considered putting them in SERIES.) If you plug each strand of lights in a different outlet, then they all get the same amount of voltage. (That is considered PARALLEL.) Hope that helps you.
scuBdoB17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
gh32
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 9594
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2005 WRX

Yep. What he said. ^^^

My question is, how come you're not wiring them fully? It takes a bit of work to find all the pieces, sure, but it's worth it in the end I feel. Plus, if you only need 12V, Accessory, and Illumination, you can find them all behind the stereo.

-George
gh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2005, 06:13 PM   #5
NorCal11.7
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 55879
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza 2.5 rst
Blue Ridge Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by klie5111
Removing the stock boost gauge and wiring in greddy egt and boost. There are three power wires for the greddy; acc, power, lighting, and only one for the stock. Can i connect all three of the greddy power lines together and run them to the stock power?? The stock power is spliced somewhere in behind the radio...does the stock one get split out behind the scenes with a different input for acc, lighting, etc?
YOUD WOULDNT HAVE ANY OF THE GREDDY WIRING DIAGRAMS STILL WOULD YA? IM HAVING TROUBLE WITH MINE STILL
NorCal11.7 is offline   Reply With Quote