Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Classifieds > Vendor 'Group Buy' Classifieds

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 05-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #476
spiderman.666
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (1)

Member#: 325009

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
it seems as if you have something in mind? is the dent the only problem with the knob?

i don't have precedent for this (no pun intended), i've never seen another.

the problem is, and i'm not saying you did, but i don't know if it was dropped, or hit, or whatever. basically what i'm saying is i don't have a way to verify that it was a defect in the knob. i had a hard time seeing it in pictures.

what would you like me to do about it? asking honestly, not sarcastically, because it may come across like that.
I agree the pictures are hard to see. Trust me, i used three different cameras trying to capture the 'defect'. But here are some pics of the dent i m talking about.

No, i did not hit it, drop it, or chew on it. As you can see in the pics, there's no cracks, no chipped paint. To be honest, with this heavyweight material, i wouldnt even know how to make a dent on it, not to mention to make a dent without causing any paint to come off. i noticed this dent as soon as i opened it from the box, i mentioned in post #384 (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...&postcount=384) but no one else mention this problem, and i also did not hear from you or Forman to discuss this issue i have. I figure this is an isolated issue that i received a bad lemon.

Is the dent the only problem with it? yes. does it bother me to keeps me up at night? Nope. Its just that everytime i look down at it, i see this round hole/dent whatever you want to call it, and it makes me think someone put a lollipop stick on it, spray painted it, and remove the stick.

As for the finishing, i understand what you mean about everyone have different expectations. Some want glossy, some want matte, blah blah. But as others and myself had mentioned, the finishing did not come out as we anticipated. As someone else said, lesson learned, it's hard to purchase something without physically seeing it and expect it to be a certain way.

What would i like you to do about it? I dont know, maybe offer a refund? a replacement? send me a couple more so i can pick which one is in perfect shape? send me one of each color so i can switch it out as needed to match my shirt? I dont know. I just wanted to vent. I waited two months for this. I deserve a perfect knob !

spiderman.666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #477
dangyo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289786
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

I was going to order one till i noticed some of the complaints which seem to all be getting addressed. Paint not matching picture.. photoshop does wonder? paint chips... water-based subaru paint? dent on knob... poor handler? Hopefully, next batch will not be rushed and carefully done correctly so i can reconsider ordering my own.
dangyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #478
spiderman.666
Scooby Newbie

I never got a reply to address my issues.

I also want to mention I noticed mine has spotty paint chipping off. Had it for maybe less than a month? And I honestly hardly drive my car, and garage park only. So it's not like the sun affected the paint or i shift too hard........

Last edited by spiderman.666; 05-30-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #479
dangyo
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 289786
Vehicle:
2011 WRX Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman.666 View Post

I also want to mention I noticed mine has spotty paint chipping off.
That's just terrible customer service on their part. Sorry to hear, but at least you stopped me from purchasing one and im sure many others as well.
dangyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #480
Forman Performance
Former Vendor
Vendor Sales Rating: (36)

Member#: 218868
Chapter/Region: SCIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangyo View Post
I was going to order one till i noticed some of the complaints which seem to all be getting addressed. Paint not matching picture.. photoshop does wonder? paint chips... water-based subaru paint? dent on knob... poor handler? Hopefully, next batch will not be rushed and carefully done correctly so i can reconsider ordering my own.
Just to address some of your concerns, it seems everything has come down to the new powdercoater. Anarchy Motive re-located after this group buy had already started. Nobody anticipated colors/finishes to be different than what was advertised. And in fact, Anarchy Motive did not either.

The few incidents of chips have been tracked down to improper preparation by the powdercoater. This has been address for orders moving forward. And those with defective knobs have been offered replacements.

For the ones that were properly prepped, they are still the same awesome knob that it was in the first few batches. If we thought corners were being cut, we wouldn't continue to support this brand. I wouldn't lose any faith in this product just yet.

[I][B]
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/B] [/I]
1281 Logan Ave. Suite C
Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Shop: [B](714)434-6800[/B]

[B]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Heart of Performance[/B]™
Forman Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #481
besthaticouldo
Scooby Guru
Member Sales Rating: (15)

Member#: 279660
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Quote:
The color changed because we changed powdercoaters. They don't use the same powder. So the change was because of that. They weren't photoshopped. As far as the dent, I have literally had 1 dented knob the entire time I've been selling knobs, well over 300 knobs. I am not sure where that came from, whether it was from machining and I missed it or it was dropped (not saying it was).

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman.666 View Post

I also want to mention I noticed mine has spotty paint chipping off. Had it for maybe less than a month? And I honestly hardly drive my car, and garage park only. So it's not like the sun affected the paint or i shift too hard........
I spent a bunch of time responding to you. I am not sure what I can do for you. If you would like to return it Vim or I will gladly refund your money. If you would like a replacement they will be done shortly and if you would like one of those I can accommodate that as well for you.

Quote:
That's just terrible customer service on their part. Sorry to hear, but at least you stopped me from purchasing one and im sure many others as well.
I'm not sure if you're saying terrible customer service on my part? This is not my full time job for what that's worth. I understand that I don't always respond in a timely manner, that may have been a miscommunication between Forman and myself, I think we were both thinking the other was going to handle it and we didn't. I apologize for that. However, you can ask everyone that has bought a knob for me, I have tried to go above and beyond to meet or exceed expectations. I moved across the country for a lot more intensive job, going back to school (full time grad school), and have 2 kids. So sometimes, this takes a back seat. I do try and respond and get to everyone as soon as I can, sometimes I miss things. In the end, I do definitely make sure the customers are satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forman Performance View Post
Just to address some of your concerns, it seems everything has come down to the new powdercoater. Anarchy Motive re-located after this group buy had already started. Nobody anticipated colors/finishes to be different than what was advertised. And in fact, Anarchy Motive did not either.

The few incidents of chips have been tracked down to improper preparation by the powdercoater. This has been address for orders moving forward. And those with defective knobs have been offered replacements.

For the ones that were properly prepped, they are still the same awesome knob that it was in the first few batches. If we thought corners were being cut, we wouldn't continue to support this brand. I wouldn't lose any faith in this product just yet.
This is definitely true. I had a world class powdercoater in CA. Unfortunately, to keep the cost low for you guys I can't justify shipping the knobs across the country and back and then out to you guys. It would raise the cost of the knob by $30+. That doesn't makes sense. I am working with a couple local people to find a powdercoater that can do what I want to the level that I expect while keeping my price what it is. I sell these for less than half of the other guys, a product that's made completely in the USA from USA steel and even packaged with US products, that's not easy to do at this price point.

As far as the color goes, honestly on a daily basis I get an email from someone asking if I can do the color in matte or satin or gloss. I cannot tailor the knob for everyone, not everyone has the same tastes. Well I take that back, but the lead time will go up and the price will be well into the $175-200 range. That's just not going to work for people. The point I am trying to make is, we changed powdercoaters and their powder company was different than before. We are working with a new company for powdercoat and they assured me that they prep differently and we are going to be good with this batch. I explained the problems and they know what they are used for and they are positive that they can do this with no problem.

I am sorry for all of the problems. I have sold over 300 knobs and probably had less than 5 actually have a problem, all of them have been from the batch with this powdercoater. Which is partially my fault and I will take the blame for that. There is a reason we won't be using them again. These issues won't happen again.
besthaticouldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #482
laxman2001
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (9)

Member#: 268558
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
The color changed because we changed powdercoaters. They don't use the same powder. So the change was because of that. They weren't photoshopped. As far as the dent, I have literally had 1 dented knob the entire time I've been selling knobs, well over 300 knobs. I am not sure where that came from, whether it was from machining and I missed it or it was dropped (not saying it was).

I spent a bunch of time responding to you. I am not sure what I can do for you. If you would like to return it Vim or I will gladly refund your money. If you would like a replacement they will be done shortly and if you would like one of those I can accommodate that as well for you.

I'm not sure if you're saying terrible customer service on my part? This is not my full time job for what that's worth. I understand that I don't always respond in a timely manner, that may have been a miscommunication between Forman and myself, I think we were both thinking the other was going to handle it and we didn't. I apologize for that. However, you can ask everyone that has bought a knob for me, I have tried to go above and beyond to meet or exceed expectations. I moved across the country for a lot more intensive job, going back to school (full time grad school), and have 2 kids. So sometimes, this takes a back seat. I do try and respond and get to everyone as soon as I can, sometimes I miss things. In the end, I do definitely make sure the customers are satisfied.

This is definitely true. I had a world class powdercoater in CA. Unfortunately, to keep the cost low for you guys I can't justify shipping the knobs across the country and back and then out to you guys. It would raise the cost of the knob by $30+. That doesn't makes sense. I am working with a couple local people to find a powdercoater that can do what I want to the level that I expect while keeping my price what it is. I sell these for less than half of the other guys, a product that's made completely in the USA from USA steel and even packaged with US products, that's not easy to do at this price point.

As far as the color goes, honestly on a daily basis I get an email from someone asking if I can do the color in matte or satin or gloss. I cannot tailor the knob for everyone, not everyone has the same tastes. Well I take that back, but the lead time will go up and the price will be well into the $175-200 range. That's just not going to work for people. The point I am trying to make is, we changed powdercoaters and their powder company was different than before. We are working with a new company for powdercoat and they assured me that they prep differently and we are going to be good with this batch. I explained the problems and they know what they are used for and they are positive that they can do this with no problem.

I am sorry for all of the problems. I have sold over 300 knobs and probably had less than 5 actually have a problem, all of them have been from the batch with this powdercoater. Which is partially my fault and I will take the blame for that. There is a reason we won't be using them again. These issues won't happen again.
If I may again make a small suggestion: UPDATE ALL PICS TO REFLECT THE NEW(EST) POWDERCOATER.

As far as color, that should help clear things up nicely. The sooner the better.
laxman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #483
besthaticouldo
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxman2001 View Post
If I may again make a small suggestion: UPDATE ALL PICS TO REFLECT THE NEW(EST) POWDERCOATER.

As far as color, that should help clear things up nicely. The sooner the better.
I don't have them anymore, I powdercoated what I sold and what I sold I shipped. I have zero from the new powdercoater.

And we aren't using the powdercoater from this batch.

Not to mention, even if I update it someone is going to complain, it's not the right hue or the texture isn't right. You can't please everyone. I am trying to get close to the powdercoater I was using in CA.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #484
420bugeye
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (5)

Member#: 283513
Vehicle:
2012 Wrx

I ordered one with the red finsh and the knob is great. Only issue (cant even call it a problem) was that there were really faint scratchs on it when it arrived. Almost looked like it rolled around somewhere b4 it was shipped. It was packaged very well so idk how it happend. Regarless its a very nice knob and feels great shifting, and i would definetly recommed one. Not trying to get a new knob or a refund for some minor issue just shareing my experience with potential future buyers.
420bugeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #485
c3ywut
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 226603
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Satin White Pearl

Umm any word on when we can ship the knobs back? Mine keeps getting worse from 1 chip to 4 now.

image-3046080204.jpg
c3ywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #486
spiderman.666
Scooby Newbie

I got my refund finally.

Good luck all.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #487
besthaticouldo
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3ywut View Post
Umm any word on when we can ship the knobs back? Mine keeps getting worse from 1 chip to 4 now.
Shoot me a pm and ill give you the info to ship it back for a replacement.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #488
c3ywut
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (4)

Member#: 226603
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Satin White Pearl

Still waiting on pics of the new knobs. I emailed you two weeks ago.
c3ywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #489
besthaticouldo
Scooby Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3ywut View Post
Still waiting on pics of the new knobs. I emailed you two weeks ago.
Email me again, I've sent out quite a few pics. I'm sorry I may have just missed your email.