Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Saturday March 30, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2013, 12:42 PM   #12
torquemada
Scooby Guru

Member#: 128484
Chapter/Region: International
Vehicle:
2006 EDM WRX STI
WRB

Quote:
Robert Kubica set for World Rally Championship programme

Former Formula 1 driver Robert Kubica will compete in the 2013 World Rally Championship as he continues to recover from injury sustained in a rally crash.

The Pole, who is targeting a return to Formula 1 after the accident in 2011, has limited movement in his right arm.

"I can't wait to start racing, but I haven't set myself any specific target," said Kubica.

"I still have a lot to learn in rallying and to improve I will need to rack up the miles on the stages."

The 28-year-old last raced in Formula 1 in 2010, and recently tested a DTM German touring car. He is fighting to recover sufficient mobility in his right arm so that he can rotate it in such a way that is required to drive an F1 car.

He can work round the problem in a rally car because there is more space to have his arm out to the side.

The Pole will contest seven rounds of the championship in the WRC2 category, starting in Portugal next month, with the Citroen team.

Citroen said the sport's governing body, the FIA, had given special dispensation for Kubica's car to be fitted with a paddle shift gearbox, making it easier for the Pole.

Kubica, who has competed in several minor rallies since his accident, will also enter this month's Rally Canary Islands as part of a commitment to compete in selected rounds of the European Rally Championship.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/21655237
torquemada is offline   Reply With Quote