Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Electrical & Lighting

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 10-10-2003, 03:22 PM   #1
josh woodall
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 43006
Vehicle:
04 wrx, sti
aspen white

Exclamation Emergency my car is dead!!!

I was installing a boost gauge and I tapped into my turbo timer constant on accident now my car does not have any ignition response at all. Help!!!
josh woodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 03:33 PM   #2
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

Check the main fuses in the underhood fuse box, you may have blown one of those.
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 04:13 PM   #3
josh woodall
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 43006
Vehicle:
04 wrx, sti
aspen white

Thanks thats it 50 amp
josh woodall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:20 AM   #4
jcdeng
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37161
Vehicle:
05 FXT
BLK

what will a blown fuse look like? cuz I car won't start also after I left my HID on for a few minutes without the engine running. I don't know if I have drained out the battery in just a few minutes or I have blown a fuse?

If I need to replace battery, which one is good? Optima? and where to get it? what part/model #?

Thanks a thousand guys.
jcdeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:48 AM   #5
Mulder
Trust no one

Member#: 11170
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
02 RAV4 MT
15 WRX/11 CRZ

What are your no-start symptoms? If it won't crank, do the lights dim? Does it just click when you turn the key to start?
If all you did was leave the lights on and didn't mess with any wires chances are your battery is just dead or at least too weak to start the car. You can check it with a voltmeter, resting voltage with the car off and no accessories on should be about 12.5. During starting while the engine is cranking it should not drop much below 10V.
If you do need a battery the Optima is certainly a good way to go. Unless you have a high-power sound system and run it often with the engine off, your best bet for a drop-in direct replacement is a Group 35 Red-Top. Here is a link to a site that has them for an excellent price. Note the Group 35 model shown is truly a direct swap and doesn't require a longer starter cable as does the 35/75 Red-Top.
http://sites.eoi.com/folder14788/ind...568&product=11
Mulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:12 AM   #6
jcdeng
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 37161
Vehicle:
05 FXT
BLK

the lights go dim, and it just clicks when I turn the keys, (rapid click), so i guess my battery was drained, cuz I had similar symptoms wih another car...
jcdeng is offline   Reply With Quote