Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Newbies & FAQs

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 03-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
felya589
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201073
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

Default 09-10 wrx abs,traction,hill assist lights

For anyone that has had these three lights come on it's 99.99% the brake light switch. I read about another 10 wrx on nasioc having the same issue.

My story:

I took it once to the dealer and they cleared some codes. Also said to come back if the lights came back on. I took it to the dealer again today since the lights came back on Monday, they diagnosed the problem as a brake light switch and said they'll call me when the part came in. I leave the dealership and something about the brakes seems funny to me as though they are really stiff. I realize 2 min into the drive home that the brake pedal isn't coming up and the brakes are locked, meaning I'm riding my brakes. I stop the car and try to get it moving but i can't because it's like the e-brake is pulled only all four brakes. the tech drives over fixes w/e he broke(claims he didn't put the senor/switch in correctly so the computer didn't to let the brakes go. I come home and realize my brake lights aren't turning off. Car is at the dealer now should get fixed tomorrow he said. Stupid Dealership, i told them the first time it was a brake sensor or switch and they seemed to brush what i said off and said it was nothing.
felya589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
etothen
Ethon

Member#: 221885
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2050 Ivory Tower
Ivory...duh

be suspicious of their fix, at this point it is possible you will need rotors and pads too, cant be sure from here, but entirely possible.
etothen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #3
charlokim
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 227018
Vehicle:
2008 WRX Stage 1
pearl white

Mine started 5 hours after I got my car (it was used). I'm not sure if its the same problem but all of those things were affected. Turns out it was a huge number of issues with the sensors and the ABS hydraulic system and controller were out of sync. It took the dealer around 2 months to fix. They had absolutely NO idea what it was. They had a mechanic from Japan come and look at it. If you wanna find out call up MidHudson Subaru in upstate NY and mention Charles and his 2008 WRX Hatch to see if its the same problem.

They know me.................and this problem.....................g'luck to you. Let me know if I can help.
charlokim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
felya589
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 201073
Vehicle:
2004 WRX STi
WRB

thanks, I'm getting her back today. Hopefully everything is OK, but if not I'll be giving Midhudson a call and seeing if they can give me more info, Thanks
felya589 is offline   Reply With Quote