Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Southern California Impreza Club
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Chapters > Southern California Impreza Club Forum -- SCIC

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-27-2000, 11:41 AM   #1
Tyrmeltr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 667
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX 5D
Plasma Blue Pearl

Post 30t Anniversary Lone Pine Time Trials! May 20,21

As read from a pamphlet I recieved in the mail...."For 2000, the Lone Pine Commitee celebrates 30 years of flat-out fun! You'll get a big course that's ovet 2 miles long, run one way on Saturday and the other on Sunday. The Rod Bean designed course will be a challenge for all, whethe in mod,prep,street,stock, or vintage. Complimentary 30th anniversary T-Shirt to each driver. All proceeds from this event go to support the Braille institute."

The event is held at the Manzanar air strip 10 miles North of Lone Pine, CA. May 20&21
Pre-Enter before May 12th, and it's $50 for both days, $35 for one. Hotel reservations are highly reccomended and should be done ASAP. Conatact Craig Angel, Event Chairman for additonal questions at (909) 947-0644

Well I'm goin! Be there or be square!

Arik Kadosh
98 Impreza Turbo (2.2l)
SPD and Renner tuned

Tyrmeltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2000, 05:32 PM   #2
Sauginius
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 277
Vehicle:
98 Not a Subaru
BRACK

YES! Now that's what I'm talking about. Hey Arik, how public are these roads that we will be racing on? I guess Lone Pine is somewhere up north a few hours.
Sauginius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2000, 06:13 PM   #3
Tyrmeltr
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 667
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza WRX 5D
Plasma Blue Pearl

It's not public roads. It's on an airstrip, but 2 miles is pretty good distance for a course. I thought it was on public roads, but iw as wrong. I guess it's not an auto-x because of speeds involved.

I have scanned the pamphlet/entry form into two jpegs. E-mail or ICQ me if you would like one.
Tyrmeltr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2000, 08:54 PM   #4
horseflesh
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 690
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2000 Impreza RS 4 dr
Rallye blue!

<bok bok bok!>

That's me, too chicken to go to a track event. Only have 1 autox of driving experience.

However, Lone Pine is near where my in-laws are, I may be able to go spectate.
horseflesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2000, 12:19 AM   #5
MPREZYA
SCIC

Member#: 85
Now this sounds cool I wonder how the wife would handle a road trip for the weekend. Also where exactly is Lone Pine?
Rich
MPREZYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2000, 02:49 PM   #6
MPREZYA
SCIC

I hope to be going as I will bring it up to the wife and have an answer soon as she seemed interested.
Rich
Old 05-01-2000, 08:50 PM   #7
MPREZYA
SCIC

Looks like I am there with the wife as long as everything pans out I will confirm soon along with some hotel info for others interested.
Rich
Old 05-02-2000, 09:57 PM   #8
MPREZYA
SCIC

Keeping it fresh and reminding myself about this to get all the info.