Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
Click here to visit TireRack
Brakes & Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Losing traction? Need new tires?
Click here to visit the NASIOC Upgrade Garage...
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Brakes, Steering & Suspension

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-01-2002, 03:29 AM   #1
advance
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 3291
Default wierd noises coming from the back wheels

It sounds sorta like when your on the freeway and your tires make a loud howl on differrent types of pavement only its a little different and it is constant when the car is rolling whether in gear or not. My car is lowered so I supected rubbing but none anywhere, I have Kumho tires but the noise came long after I had these tires, I am rolling on the Forrestor wheels which don't rub the brakes or anything. So I have no idea maybe rear differential or axles making noise, any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 2000 Impreza L 4-door is my car
Thank You
Brian
advance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 04:53 PM   #2
advance
Scooby Newbie

bump
Old 07-01-2002, 06:51 PM   #3
Samirr76
Scooby Guru

Member#: 4835
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 Baja 5MT
Yellow w/ 220,000 miles

I have the same problem....sounds like a howling noise on the highway. My first thought was a bad wheel bearing, or two? I took it to the Subaru Dealer and the tech who drove my car (with me riding with him) said he coudlnt hear it but it is problably abearing. he said if it is a bearing it will get worse and eventually fail, but since we didnt get up to very high speeds he said I would have to leave my car for a day so that he coul take it out on the highway. He said mine will be the first 02 impreza with a wheel bearing problem if thats what it is. He said one ofhter 02 came in for a similar sound and it turned out to be a "dislocated rear axle"

Let me know if you figure this out.
Samirr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 09:02 PM   #4
advance
Scooby Newbie

let me know if you put your car in and find out my local dealers won't even change my oil little work on major issues.
thanks
Brian
Old 07-02-2002, 10:07 PM   #5
advance
Scooby Newbie

sorry but the noise is really anoying
bump