Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Normally Aspirated Powertrain

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 07-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
jmgtp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 121494
Default P1133 CEL, replaced o2 but still has CEL?

Hello all,

I browsed the entire CEL thread but didn't find a solution to my specific problem.

Vehicle:
2001 Legacy GT
2.5 sohc
5mt
~50,000 miles
daily driven, not abused

CEL lit and remained lit, scanned as P1133 which is defined as:

insufficient switching sensor 1 or bank 1, sensor 1

I replaced the o2 sensor before the catalytic converter with a universal bosch unit, which requires splicing the bosch wiring with the factory o2 sensor wiring harness. I wired the bosch unit as follows:

Bosch <----> Factory Harness
Signal <----> Blue Wire
Ground <----> White
Heater <----> Black Wire
Heater <----> Black Wire

I reset the ECM by pulling the negative battery cable for 10 minutes. With everything buttoned back up I started the car and the CEL returned instantly.

I pulled the wire harness and measured the ECM harness end with a volt meter (key on engine off).

signal: 3.8v
ground: 3.8v
heater1: 12v
heater2: 3v

Can anyone verify that these values are correct? Any other input as to why the CEL would not clear with the new o2 sensor?

I also let the car sit overnight with the negative battery cable disconnected on the slim chance that 10 minutes was not enough to clear the volatile memory of the ECM but that was to no avail as the code returned upon startup this morning. There appears to be no degradation of the wiring or harness due to heat or other damage.

Thanks!
John
jmgtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2006, 10:51 PM   #2
jmgtp
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 121494

TTT

anyone?

This evening I replaced the rear o2 sensor as well. P1133 remains after another 15 minute battery disconnect. Any insight on what may be the cause?
jmgtp is offline   Reply With Quote