Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Thursday March 28, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 11-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #1
Bobnewfie
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 218276
Question Please Help Manufacturer Specific Data

I own a 2005 Impreza RS 2.5 A/T w/40.000 miles
I recentally purchased an Autel OBD Scanner Model # MaxiScan MS409,so I could try and resolve my cyl # 2 misfire problem(PO302 code)that has caused my check engine lite to come on and my cruse control lite to flash.I've been working on the problem and would now like to erase the trouble code.But when reading the section in the autel info manual it cautions me...Quote.. Erasing trouble codes may allow the scan tool to Delete not only the codes from the vehicle's on board computer but also "freeze frame"data and Manufacturer specific enhanced data.Further,the I/M Readiness Monitor Status for all vehicle monitors is reset to not ready or not complete status.Do Not erase the codes before the system has been checked by a technician..$$$$...What is Manufacturer specific enhanced data? Should I be concerned or is it ok to go ahead and erase the code? Thank you very much for any assistance that you guys can give me.

Last edited by Bobnewfie; 11-28-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: No responce
Bobnewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links