Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Motorsports > Press Releases

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
LICmotorsports
Former Vendor

Member#: 54890
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Default RTA Rd.3 @ LVMS

Redline Time Attack Rd. 3 - Las Vegas Motor Speedway - 04.24/25.2010

Following an impressive finish at the Redline Time Attack season opener, Takata Time Attack was anxious to carry the momentum to another strong finish in Las Vegas for Redline's second west coast event. The LIC Motorsports crew made small adjustments to the Takata Impreza prior to the event including a new set of Black and Green Rota wheels from Wheeldude to match the new livery, as well as a new Aeromotions widebody wing.

"Our car was very reliable for the first event", said Noah Levy of LIC Motorsports. "Many cars at the first event had failures and we were able to capitalize because our car was reliable and consistent, despite the fact that James had never driven the car. The only significant issue we had was problems with the brakes overheating and locking up under heavy braking."

For the second event, the bulk of Saturday's practice session was spent experimenting to improve the braking system. After collaborating with Brembo Brakes via phone, the swap to a different brake pad compound yielded dramatic results. With confidence restored in braking, James immediately dropped over 3 seconds a lap, putting him in the hunt for a podium finish.

"I can easily say that driving the LIC Motorsports powered Takata Impreza is the best driving I have ever experienced. Even with 550 wheel horsepower on tap, the powerband is so smooth and responsive that it is fun and confidence inspiring to drive. Many heavily boosted cars buck and jerk at anything less than full throttle, but such is not the case with the LIC built engine and tuning provided by Cobb. With our braking problems out of the way, I see incredible potential for this car."

Things were looking up for Takata Time Attack until a blow off valve line burst shortly into the first Time Attack session, giving James a significant power handicap. The line was easily repaired in time for Session 2, but with track conditions much deteriorated it was not possible for James to match the times posted earlier in the day when the conditions were ideal. Despite the 4th place result, James and LIC crew are excited about the progress made in car development and look forward a better finish at the next event.

Thanks to our sponsors:

Takata / LIC Motorsports / Nitto / COBB / Wheeldude / Seibon / JE Pistons

More pics can be found on our blog @ RTA Rd3 LVMS

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
jamal
Scooby Guru

Member#: 71875

Not looking forward to having Cobb and Ryan Gates out there running; mod AWD is going to turn into the battle for 3rd. Although we still have a few improvements in store for the evo.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
LICmotorsports
Former Vendor

Member#: 54890
Chapter/Region: BAIC

i would say they pose one heck of a issue, lol. But what can we do, drop a class? Give up?

I'm 100% with you that Ryan and Brian are one top notch talents and will be very hard to catch even with a fantastic shoe driving. There cars are very well sorted...but this also drives me to make our car better and better at each event. I do feel at times I'm showing up to gun battle with a knife but you never know how things turn out. I predict our car will only get better and stronger throughout the season. we drop seconds every time we run BUT we sure don't have 700-800whp, nor am I trying to make that or have any plans to go down that path. It is what it is, either we buck up and try to overcome these obstacles and better our program or we go away. Time and money dictates the latter and something most of us have very limited amounts of (ourselves included)

-Noah
LICmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote