Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Technical > Subaru Conversions

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 02-09-2005, 03:43 PM   #1
ride4fun05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 62747
Vehicle:
1998 Impreza L
Red

Impreza GC8 Super Multiple Junction?

Does anybody know about the Super Multiple junction?
I got A wiring harness and It is not included in it....a few questions.....should It have come with the harness? can I find another one anywhere(dealership?)
from what I understand It is a critical piece of my swap wiring.......any Ideas

Last edited by ride4fun05; 02-09-2005 at 06:52 PM.
ride4fun05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 05:02 PM   #2
Matt Monson
Scooby Guru

Member#: 832
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
99 2.5RS, '85 911
'73 914 and 2012 BRZ

What harness did you get? My 1994 WRX harness didn't have one. It is not required as long as your pinouts hit the right place on the ECU...
Matt Monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #3
dwx
Scooby Guru

Member#: 8343
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2005 2012 Jeep
2013 DGM BRZ

Is it a harness from a new age WRX? The SMJ connects part of the ECU harness to the bulkhead harness that goes to the engine bay to the engine harness on the side by the battery. I think it has 40 or so pins and most of the non-shielded sensors and whatnot go through it. If you don't have it, it seems like it'd be awful lot of extra wiring work. Instead of just plugging that in, you are looking at connecting 40 wires manually...

Looks like this, courtesy of SCC's swap writeup:

Last edited by dwx; 02-09-2005 at 06:44 PM.
dwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:54 AM   #4
HeMan1320
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 26067
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Jetta
Grey

You can do the swap relativly easily as ling as you have the engine connectors and ECU connectors. Just more wiring and need of proper diagrams
HeMan1320 is offline   Reply With Quote