Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Tuesday March 19, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC General > Car Care & Detailing

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2012, 06:36 PM   #1
Jive Turkey
Scooby Guru

Member#: 219492
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
17' 5mt XV & 02 WRX
@comrad

Default C5 Wheel Armour sealant.

i recently had my Work Emotions powder coated this color:

i've had a neon green set of wheels before, and it was a pain in the ass to keep clean. i used Sonax, a brush, and a power washer to clean them. it seemed to do the trick. after each was i used the Armour All WHEEL PROTECTANT. its the little stuff that comes in the spray can, and it kept the brake dust off the wheels for quite some time until it started to build up again, and it was easier to wash off. however there was still a build up on the wheels after a while in the barrels.

i came across this stuff here:

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=189099

seems to be a sealant that is supposed to last up to a year. now i know it won't actually keep it from building up, but the wheels are only on for the summer, so i would wash them before i put them away.

i'm now trying to decide what to to to the wheels before they go on the car, as they have a fresh powder coat.

should i coat them in a wax i use on the car, wheel wax(which i heard is hit or miss) or do i apply this C5 Wheel Armour. either way i'm going to use the armor all wheel protectant on top of what ever is on the wheel, but i wonder if sonar and a power washer will simply eat right throughout this sealant.

any suggestions would be great, however i'm not changing to a lower dusting pad, or spraying pam.

thanks,

-ivan
Jive Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote