Welcome to the North American Subaru Impreza Owners Club Friday March 29, 2024
Home Forums Images WikiNASIOC Products Store Modifications Upgrade Garage
NASIOC
Go Back   NASIOC > NASIOC Subaru Models > Impreza Forum

Welcome to NASIOC - The world's largest online community for Subaru enthusiasts!
Welcome to the NASIOC.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, free of charge, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. 
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads. 

Old 04-28-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
sl0wbaru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 262787
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Lighting Red

Default My car history and small build thread of 09 LR Impreza 2.5i 5mt!

Hey NASIOC, it's been 6 short months with my new Subaru, after not being able to make up my mind to sell it or not, I finally decided to keep it. Mostly because people always b*tch about the title and want to low ball me like their life depends on it.

Anyways here is a history of the cars I've had, some people might find this interesting, some won't...we'll see how it goes.

First car started off by mistake honestly, I was 16 years old...still had my damn temps I wanted to wait till 18 to skip driving school but I wanted to drive so damn bad I just couldn't. So I forked up $350.00 and went to class.

My sister use to have a 2004 Volvo XC90, her lease just ended and she was broke, so she bought a salvage titled 2001 Acura TL, she paid $4000 for it. After about 4 months she would come home and CRY saying how much she hated the car. It had leather seats, power seats, cd, tape, bose speakers with sub....wtf was there to hate...just because it made some noises.

She ended up buying a 2006 Mercedes C280, so I got the Acura for free because it was my dads mistake on not checking over to make sure it's good enough to buy. Remember how I said it made noises? Turns out it was because the seal broke and grease was leaking from ball joint...it eventually dried up and this happened while turning left onto my friends street.

I ended up fixing it for like $400.00 and immediately put it up for sale. A month or so later I got a call from a dude in Dayton, Oh wanting it. I put it for sale for $4,000.00 since that's what we bought it for, I met the dude and ended up driving away in my dads van with $3,800.00 and the dude drove away with a car that had a glass ass tranny and a triple salvage title, I win.

Anyways skip 4 months of being freaking car less and on Jan 1, 2010 I bought my 2003 RSX Type S...my first manual car. I drove manual once before though, in a 2003 Zo6, it was my brothers Vette. I freaking loved this car it was a little gas sipper with a nice push to it, pulled away from a 300c with the hemi motor, driver mod.

The day she came home!

Ended up getting my first ticket in this car, I kept it for about 7 months give or take a few weeks. I bought it for $6,500.00 yes it was also salvage titled. I paid with my $4,000.00 and owed my dad the rest. I paid at $200.00 a month, i made 3 payments and lost my job. So I had to sell the car, I put over 10k miles on it and beat the living piss out of it and ended up selling it to some dude in Greenville, IN for $6,500.00 cash.
sl0wbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
sl0wbaru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 262787
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Lighting Red

I was carless again for like 3 months, then sometime in August I came across a salvage yard that was a selling a nice Lighting Red 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i, what made me buy it was that it was a 5 speed manual, I knew I wanted manual again! So i showed my pops and we pulled the trigger. I sent the dude e-mail explaining how I only have $6,500.00 and I wanted the Subaru, so he was kind off to throw off $1,000.00 and sell it to me.

I drove to Chase and deposited my cash into his account, printed receipts and I called up my bro who owns a trucking company (which now I'm part of) that I needed to pick up a car. He would have charged me $250.00 for it but I did some work for him and he owed so it was free.

Anyways like 2 days later I finally got my car, soon as I heard it was off the truck I rushed down to the ware house and I was greeted by this.

I ended up taking the front end apart to see the damage. A few dings and small dents in exhaust, not a big deal, all worked fine and no leak at all.

The problem was bent bumper support and the radiator/a/c condenser needed to be straightened out and aligned properly.

So we took it to a friends body shop and about $1,500.00 of paint, parts, labor and 2 weeks later I brought her home looking like this.

So basically $8,000.00 in total I had a 2009 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 5mt with fresh paint and only 5k miles on her, currently has 23.5k and has been through a lot! Will update more later, gotta piss SSOOOO BAD!
sl0wbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:17 AM   #3
BSP671
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 288190
Vehicle:
2009 Impreza 2.5i
Spark Silver

Man you are one lucky fella....a 09 2.5i for only 8k? ownage!
BSP671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:53 PM   #4
EpicFabrications
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 292983
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2010 IMPREZA GT
SSM

damn, I paid twenty four thousand and I already have 10k miles
EpicFabrications is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #5